Just got email my 340SE speakers shipped today. Decided to get 340's for the fronts. I have some old 1977 pioneer's with 12" woofers for surrounds, they work great, and old as they are they sound great. Overkill is an understatement but they work for me very well. I made a post in the AVS forum so will copy it here as this is where I found the Ascend information that helped me decide on my order:

Ascend 340 vs. SVS SCS-01 Front stage?
Canceled my order for SVS speakers as they are back order until November. Ran across this thread and done some research and ordered the 340's from Ascend site last night! The price is $220 more for the 340's and I hope the extra bucks is worth it. I currently have Boston Acoustics CR77 L/R and CRC7 Center. The B.A. are not even close to the same specs. as the 340's but I have severe hearing loss, not much above 1.8Khz, (thanks to working 22yrs. on Air Force aircraft) but I am most sensitive to sound below that, since that's all I have left. Will the 340's be better with dialog which I have most problem with? The front stage I have seems to be weakest link of my system. I have a killer SVS PC_13 Ultra Sub and love the movies and music with good bass. Anyone have thoughts on this? Did I make the right choice?