Hey folks,

I am NOT trying to start a flamewar, but I was, and still am, a bit disturbed by the closure of 1 Sierra thread, and the complete DELETION of another.

There was a response in the pricing thread, that I would like to respond to here, as I didn't want to turn that thread into a morass......

So I figured, I'd bring it up here instead.

Here is the Post I am responding to, and I understand EXACTLY what Quinn is saying, and take my share of the responsibilty for my own behavior ( believe it or not, I held back quite a bit) in that thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
I was waiting for that 2nd thread to get deleted. You can't thumb your nose at the AVS mods on AVS and expect them to let it slide. There were Ascend fans on that 2nd thread calling out the AVS mods after having a thread closed and a warning issued.
Of course there was some hostility in 2nd thread.

The 1st thread that was LOCKED, was for a really weak excuse, all you need to do is peruse around AVS, and you will see PLENTY of threads in regards to stuff that is NOT on the market.

Quick look around=

The NHT thread, that is many pages long, was started AUGUST/30/05, and is still going strong.... first lines in that thread?

From a NHT newsletter.

Scheduled to ship in October, NHT CLASSIC will consist of the following eight models.

The NEW B&W600 series thread (they weren't available, they were linking BROCHURES!!)

ARRRRRRRGHHHHHHH, this happens EVERYDAY at AVS, I can go on there right now and pull up 10 threads that are HYPING an upcoming product, whether it be an upcoming HDTV, an Upcoming BD player, an upcoming PJ, Upcoming HD Radios,Upcoming this and upcoming that!!

That "Support" excuse is PURE garbage, plain and simple, and yeah it pissed alot of us off...
I myself was a bit ugly on there, I will not deny it, but the excuse for some of their heavy handedness is outright pathetic..

And well, if it wasn't for us enthusiasts, they wouldn't have a forum to peddle their wares in the first place, so IMO it works BOTH ways.

WHY weren't some of the guys in that first thread warned, or why were they allowed to stir up trouble, what ever happened to actually monitoring threads, and deleting offending posts?

I am aware of the member count there, it is obviously VERY busy, and they have ALOT to monitor, but really, a thread that is taking off like that one was, should OBVIOUSLY be easily seen, and monitored.

If ANYONE wants to throw that STUPID, BS excuse out there again, don't waste your time, I have already given 2 PRIME examples of that being total bullshit, and like I said, it wouldn't take long to find more examples.

I am aware that noone is perfect, especially me.