<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Steve Ozmai

Curtis,
Should you actually care to know the reason for the Risers, you would find out that these were created specifically at the request of several RS 750 owners for reasons not isolated specifically to sonic improvement. The most notable of these is stability. The 750 is a fairly narrow speaker with a somewhat small footprint. As a result, our customers with this speaker on a high-pile carpeting, or with dogs, children, high traffic areas, or other reasons for concern tend to need something with a slightly larger platform. Rather than create 2 accessories - like many companies have done ("outrigger" supports and stands) - we created the Risers to solve a couple issues simultaneously. We've never spoken, though you seem to know what I'm thinking before even myself. However, had you actually called me on this one, you would have learned that in many instances I will advise against the 750 Risers depending on the room environment. They are certainly not necessary for everyone, and are not "needed" to improve the 750 anymore than an Ascend customer MUST have wall mounts and speaker cable.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Steve, Christian, oontahey, and Sean,

I will buy into the analogy of add-ons to improve sound. Your point is taken.

I worked in a shoe store when I was in high school, and we tried to sell as much as we could after the shoes to improve the business/make more money, but it didn't make the shoes any better.

Steve's quote above is good example of being honest and upfront with the customer. But the webpage I do not think is honest and upfront. The webpage is the first point of contact.

-curtis