I am thinking about changing my order from 170SE mains to 340 "classic" mains depending the price difference. I am thinking that since I have a decent size open family room to kitchen, the 340's may be able to fill it up better than the 170SE's can. I also have a 340SE center on order that I would probably change to a 340 center "classic" if I decide on getting the 340's across the fronts.
I know the 170SE hit almost as low as the 340 "classic", but I thinking I will get more impact with the 340's in my room. Do you agree? Would I be losing anything forgoing the 170SE's in this situation? BTW, I already received my 200's that are doing surround duty and those sound great!

One more thing, I would have the left main mounted to a B-Tech BT-77 wall mount which will place the port roughly 4-5" from the wall, but where the port will face it open to the kitchen. The right main will sit on top of my sturdy component rack and the port will be about 8" away from the wall. I will set to "small" and cross at 80Hz

Thanx Gov