Thread: 340s with/without subwoofer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    no...my position is that the 340's were not set up optimally with a sub, no matter what the listening level, and the 340's sound great without a sub.

As far as chiming in before the test was done, if you can show me the post where you stated that no crossover was going to be used, then I will admit, that I, and every other experienced person should have chimed in, and it was our fault for not correcting you.

We have gone over this before. Sorry you do not like my position/opinion, but it has never changed. It just seems that when the subject comes up, differing opinions get ugly, and there is no need for that.

Lets just agree to disagree.
    Curtis - Home Theater Spot purged the thread with the 170 test, the methodology, and the thread about the 340's months ago.

As for you and other "experienced" people, I can point to countless posts about how great the 340's are sans subwoofer. And they really are. It is too bad you don't think so.

As for our disagreeing, I guess we will have to.

Too bad statements such as I had the speakers in an "8000 cubic foot room" and "listened at high volumes" are ok with you guys, though.

Because that is not opinion, period. That was a statement presented as a fact, and was completely untrue.
    Last edited by craigsub; 06-10-2005 at 09:16 PM.
    Craig