Thread: Stand for 340M's

Default Stand for 340M's

I am delighting in the pair of 340M's I received last week for my L/R fronts (to go with the 340C center I've had about a month). I swapped a pair of 170's for the 340M's; liked the 170's very much, but had to try out the 340M's, and did like them better: a 'fuller', more enveloping sound.

I thought I would pass along my experience re a stand for the 340M's. I'm using 30" high stands (the fairly inexpensive black Wood Tech stands from racksand stands.com; their 'decor' blends well with the Ascends) and think that this works better than the shorter, 24", Ascend stands. It puts the tweeter at ~ 41" above the floor, which seems just about ideal. Also having them somewhat higher makes them closer in height to the 340C that is just above the tv (hlp6163). Just my thoughts on this; yours may of course differ.

I raised my Ascend 340 stands up 4 inches. I couldn't detect any difference so I put the back to their normal height and have been happy with the stock arrangement. The center tweeter at the same height isn't critcal in my experience. The ability to fine tune with various shims will accomplish the same goal.

David

bikeman: I'm sure you're right. Just thought I would post my experience. (I find that I also like the esthetics of having them on 30" stands, but that is also very much a personal thing.)