Thread: observations on 340m's

Cool observations on 340m's

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum. This is only the second forum I have ever joined. I felt obliged to share my outstanding experience with ascend.

I have owned the 340 mains for about a 1 1/2 months. I just received the upgrade 340 center yesterday. Let me start by saying that the customer service I have received has been top notch. I had some weird issue with one of the aerogel drivers---It was replaced within just a few days. All of my questions were answered by knowledgable, polite phone personnel.
    Oh--and how many companies can you call and chat with the product designer??--talking to Dave F on the phone really sells you on his product.

Now-about the speakers. By the way, I am in no way an "audiophile" & infact some of the detail that goes on with some of the boards is waaay over my head. I only know what I hear & from the moment I hooked up these speakers, I was absolutely sure I had made the right decision. The detail present in these speakers is astonishing. Whether it's Joan Osborne, Frank Sinatra, Dave Matthews, Jazz, etc... I have played it all throught these and they have never disappointed. And the movie effects--water dripping, wind blowing, horse hooves, bullet casings, glass shattering, etc... It makes me appreciate how difficult it really must be to make a neutral speaker, or else all of the other speaker manufacturers would sound as good as Ascends. (at the same price range) With the addition of the center I can honestly say that I have never heard anything this realistic, in any theatre, in my entire life. (I'm just missing the back 170's and a sub) My fiancee and I were watching "House of Flying Daggers" last night & at the part where the guy bounces a bean? ricocheting from drum to drum around the room----she sat stunned with her mouth open at the end....& then asked if we could watch that part again.

What else is there to say----I am a very satisfied customers. Kudos to all of the internet direct manufacturers.

Kevin

Welcome, Kevin. I should have the the 340C to go with my 340M's some time soon. Posts like yours make me wish it were today.

David