Thread: New Receiver- Integrated amp

Default New Receiver- Integrated amp

I have $1k max to spend for a new receiver or integrated amp. Don't need the tuner aspect as I use cable for radio. Any suggestions , I am leaning towards a Harman Kardon AVR645.

Dave G Guest

Is this just for 2 channel music or do you also want to be able to handle movies and multi-channel music? If you're only doing 2 channel, then you want an integrated amplifier, which to me means a 2 channel preamplifier and an amplifier combined into one unit (receiver adds a tuner, which you say you don't need). But your reference to the Harman Kardon AVR makes it sound as if you do want this for movies and perhaps multi-channel music. Let us know which it is that you're after and I'm sure you'll get good advice here.

What are your speakers, by the way?

Dave

Dave G Guest

Rich,

Just noticed your other post, which makes clear you're putting together a multi-channel system. I'm not up to speed on the latest AVRs, although I know that a lot of folks think highly of Harman Kardon AVRs.

Dave

Yes the new system will cover 2-channel as well as HT. I haven't been able to find anything that beats the HK AVR-645 in that price range of 1k or less, but am open to suggestions. Thanks...