Thread: Any Firefly Fans around here?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I don't even know if I'd want to see it if it weren't the same cast. The great ensemble cast is what makes the show great.

Yes, I'm expecting to see something extreme in relation to River. Should be awesome. I expect the movie plot will largely revolve around her and the people after her.

I hope the theme song gets worked into there. It almost won't seem right if after the credits somebody doesn't go "Grrrr! Arrrg!"

Default Sept 30th can't come soon enough!

I just recently watched the entire season on DVD and man, I must agree, it's definitely the best TV show I've seen in a GOOD long time. Wow. Even my wife got totally hooked on it. The characters are totally engaging & interesting and the dialogue is fabulous.

Serenity trailer #2

Here's a great (long, but worthwhile to read) interview with Joss Whedon:
    Interview with Joss

And a quote from MovieHole:
    Gina Torres has officially dotted her I's and crossed her T's to reprise her role as Zoe in a "Serenity" sequel - if the studio calls for it. "Not everyone will be coming back, some of their stars are rising far too high, but Whedon's locking most of the cast down for sequel one and two", says a studio insider. According to our friend with his glass against the door, "Whedon's got his story mapped out already for the next one - it's a tale that'll continue for three films".
    This is definitely a series worth every penny. I heard the new BSG is just as good & can't wait for the US DVD release of S1 Sept. 20th.

It's amazing that some of the crap on TV survives, while quality, intelligent and witty writing like Joss's gets lost and canceled. I'm very very excited for the movie, and by the interest the DVD is generating I am hopeful that the movie may do well, and that is not just for fans of the show.

Two sequals? I think I just messed myself....

Check out their sales rank on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...300128-5630221

I've seen it as high as #4. That's a HUGE accomplishment - to stick on the Amazon top sellers list for ALL types of DVDs? They are up there with some very popular material. I think things are going very well indeed.

Battlestar Galactica is a fantastic show as well. The mini-series was a little slow, and I feel the characters took a couple episodes to start to really find themselves, but I've watched season 1 in HD and what's aired of season 2 on Sci-Fi Fridays (which is showing Firefly as well, BTW) and I am impressed. I'm hesitant to say that it's as good as Firefly in the writing dept, but they definately have the dark immersive plot down pat. I love watching it, and it's definately my other favorite along with FF.

It's a good time to be a Sci-Fi fan
    Jon O.

Received Disc 1 from Netflix the other day and finished up the 3rd episode a short while ago, fun stuff, will have to get the other 3 discs. Thanks for the recommendation guys.

Default The hero of canton the man they call....

Great show isn't it? I still love it.

LESS THAN ONE WEEK UNTIL THE MOVIE IS OUT!

I am estatic! Firefly party at my place!

Also, the DVD set is only $29.99 on Amazon at the moment - decent price.
    Jon O.

4 days & 3 eps left for me... My wife & I are rewatching the entire series to coincide with the release of Serenity. Of course, it's been difficult having gotten both BSG S1 & Lost last week (both of which are excellent shows!)

If you liked the Ballad of Jayne, you'll like this one as well:

The Ballad of Joss

Ok, so what is Firefly all about? I saw a guy had the DVD ahead of me in line at Media Play over the weekend... I must have missed this series. And movie too??
    -- Tom --
    My HT