Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Firefly Fans around here?

Talking Any Firefly Fans around here?

If you know what I'm talking about, I don't need to say another word.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/serenity/
    Jon O.

yeah i use to like that show when it aired on fox years ago. looks good.

you should pick up the dvd box set from amazon or someplace. it has three episodes that never aired on fox, and all the episodes are in the correct order unlike when fox aired the show. there's also some good extras.
    Jon O.

thanks johnny, the movie looks good and i need to get refresh on the charators again. oh yeah i read you have the 435 h/k. im thinking about that reciever. any gripps yet and what are the cool features

Default I love Firefly!

I cannot wait for "Serenity." I have hooked so many people on "Firefly" by lending them my DVD box set or showing them episodes at my place. The last guy I lent it to has had it for months and won't give it back!

How awesome is it that those DVDs are actually in 16:9? They look and sound awesome on my front projection home theater system. I enjoy them more than most movies I've seen recently. And they're often better produced and acted. The DVD commentary and features are really good, too.

I'm a total junkie. Fox was off their rocker to cancel this show (not to mention their other great gaffs like Futurama and Family Guy)...easily some of the most entertaining and engaging stuff ever aired. I'll be at the movie on opening day with my personal horde of converts!

If you haven't seen the show or don't own the DVDs (which have episodes you'd never have otherwise seen...and certainly not in their proper order thanks to Fox)...go pick this set up NOW. It's the most fun I've had "at the movies" (aka my basement) in recent memory. If you don't find yourself with the theme song playing in your head from time to time, you can call me a liar.

i watched the show when it came on, i bought the dvds...i'm just glad that all the people are reprising their roles...one the things i hope to see is a little more back log of shepard...he has waaay to many tricks up his sleave to just be some preacher...and the trailer i've seen....river kicks much butt...

I don't even know if I'd want to see it if it weren't the same cast. The great ensemble cast is what makes the show great.

Yes, I'm expecting to see something extreme in relation to River. Should be awesome. I expect the movie plot will largely revolve around her and the people after her.

I hope the theme song gets worked into there. It almost won't seem right if after the credits somebody doesn't go "Grrrr! Arrrg!"

Default Sept 30th can't come soon enough!

I just recently watched the entire season on DVD and man, I must agree, it's definitely the best TV show I've seen in a GOOD long time. Wow. Even my wife got totally hooked on it. The characters are totally engaging & interesting and the dialogue is fabulous.

Serenity trailer #2

Here's a great (long, but worthwhile to read) interview with Joss Whedon:
    Interview with Joss

And a quote from MovieHole:
    Gina Torres has officially dotted her I's and crossed her T's to reprise her role as Zoe in a "Serenity" sequel - if the studio calls for it. "Not everyone will be coming back, some of their stars are rising far too high, but Whedon's locking most of the cast down for sequel one and two", says a studio insider. According to our friend with his glass against the door, "Whedon's got his story mapped out already for the next one - it's a tale that'll continue for three films".
    This is definitely a series worth every penny. I heard the new BSG is just as good & can't wait for the US DVD release of S1 Sept. 20th.

It's amazing that some of the crap on TV survives, while quality, intelligent and witty writing like Joss's gets lost and canceled. I'm very very excited for the movie, and by the interest the DVD is generating I am hopeful that the movie may do well, and that is not just for fans of the show.

Two sequals? I think I just messed myself....

Check out their sales rank on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...300128-5630221

I've seen it as high as #4. That's a HUGE accomplishment - to stick on the Amazon top sellers list for ALL types of DVDs? They are up there with some very popular material. I think things are going very well indeed.

Battlestar Galactica is a fantastic show as well. The mini-series was a little slow, and I feel the characters took a couple episodes to start to really find themselves, but I've watched season 1 in HD and what's aired of season 2 on Sci-Fi Fridays (which is showing Firefly as well, BTW) and I am impressed. I'm hesitant to say that it's as good as Firefly in the writing dept, but they definately have the dark immersive plot down pat. I love watching it, and it's definately my other favorite along with FF.

It's a good time to be a Sci-Fi fan
    Jon O.

Received Disc 1 from Netflix the other day and finished up the 3rd episode a short while ago, fun stuff, will have to get the other 3 discs. Thanks for the recommendation guys.