Thread: Speaker Stands For CBM-170

I don't think the stands Ascend sells use the inserts. I think the inserts are mainly used for wall/ceiling mounts.

-curtis

What kind of stands do cbm 170 owners use? are high mass stands or low mass stands better?

SD, I use the BB-75 stands (I believe they're made in the U.K. by Standesign) for my surround channel CBM-170s. High mass stands are more acoustically inert and thus color or alter the sound less. The BB-75s are sand-fillable to give them even more mass (which also makes them less likely to be tipped over). These are on the Ascend website.

I have the Standdesign ones too (with weights on the bottom to make them less tippy), but now that I have a two-channel system with Aurum Cantus speakers/stands I'd like something that looks nicer like the AC stands for my Ascends.

Anybody have any suggestions for where to get some decent quality stands in White? They'll be for surround speakers in the rear. (Probably CBM-170 or HTM-200) Ideally around 36" high. I know Crutchfield has some white adjustable ones, but you can't add sand, and they don't look really sturdy. Seems like white stands are hard to find. I looked at AC4L.com and partsexpress.com, any other good places to look?

Thanks

What about painting a set of Standesigns? There are a thousand shades of white out there, if you paint your own you can color-match your other furnishings.

SD, I use the BB-75 stands (I believe they're made in the U.K. by Standesign) for my surround channel CBM-170s. High mass stands are more acoustically inert and thus color or alter the sound less. The BB-75s are sand-fillable to give them even more mass (which also makes them less likely to be tipped over). These are on the Ascend website.

----------------------------------------------

How much do those stands weight without the sand? and have u tried to use batting inside to see how they sound. I tried to put my 170's on 15 12x12 patio stones (which weighted about 225lbs) and it made the speakers sound DULL , the bass was somewhat more noticable but it wasnt as deep. It made everything sound to cold and univolving, i actually prefer low mass compared to high mass for stands anyway. Anyone else?

try studiotech.com they make some really neat looking stands

Thanks, Frank. The studiotech ones look good. And they're about 5-10 miles away from here.

Thanks, Frank. The studiotech ones look good. And they're about 5-10 miles away from here.

----------------------------------------

Yeah same here, i also live pretty close to them. Might have to check out the ss stands, they look pretty decent.