Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Graduation

I've got a friend that moved to Birmingham from Phoenix. He asked me how we could stand to live here in the summer. They've got the extreme temps out west, but we have the outrageously high humidity here. It's just two different kinds of evil to me.
    - EVH III

I have been in Washington D.C. during July with temps in the 90's, and I have been in Phoenix in July, with temps in the 100's. I'd take Phoenix. That humidity in D.C. was killer.

Ofcourse, I am a wimpy SoCal kid and other than when I was at college, I grew up never being more than 7 miles or so from the beach.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    I have been in Washington D.C. during July with temps in the 90's, and I have been in Phoenix in July, with temps in the 100's. I'd take Phoenix. That humidity in D.C. was killer.

Ofcourse, I am a wimpy SoCal kid and other than when I was at college, I grew up never being more than 7 miles or so from the beach.
    I lived in Tucson for two years and worked in D.C. for three. Give me five months of wind driven snow and sub freezing weather anytime. I'm not moving back to either of those places in this lifetime.

David

ah, not much himidity out there? that's very nice. i've never been past arkansas. i used to live in memphis. wow, the humidity was bad in memphis. now, in chattanooga, the pollen is pretty bad. i have a red truck, but it had a nice green film on it the other day.

I live in Portland, Oregon. The humidity is much lower than the midwest, east, and especially southeast. Inland central and southern California and the southwest as far east as west Texas have less humidity than Portland, but they have hotter temps.

It rains in the winter and spring, but the temperatures rarely drop below freezing. The summers are generally pretty nice with mid 70's to low 90's and low humidity from mid June through the end of September.

There's tradeoffs everywhere. I can't stand high humidity or ultra-hot (100+) temperatures. Like Bikeman, I'd rather live with long cold winters than searing heat and/or suffocating humidity. Since I'd rather deal with mild temperatures and rain 50-60% of the time during the winter, I'm perfectly happy where I'm at.
    -Jim

this is pretty cool

http://www.findyourspot.com/

It recommended Eugene, Oregon. In fact, 50% of the top picks it gave me were in Oregon, and 75% were in the Pacific Northwest.

Oddly enough, after traveling around the country the Pacific Northwest is the only place I said I would leave New England for.

Quote Originally Posted by metalaaron
    this is pretty cool
    http://www.findyourspot.com/
    It came up with the same thing I've come up with. I don't know how two spots in Louisiana got in there but the rest was right on. Thanks for the diversion.

David