Thread: How I got (Wife Acceptance Factor)

Talking How I got (Wife Acceptance Factor)

( que Corny 70's elevator music)

Following these steps will get you great results from your wife.

1. Make sure you do your homework when your ready to upgrade. Read all the reviews you can so that your mouth waters every time your see the name Ascend.
    2. If you dont have the Ascends, start complaining about your current speakers. If they have shrill highs point them out. If they have boxy bloated bass point it out. Make sure she hears what your talking about.
    3. Make sure you get a contact from a happy Ascends owner to give you an audition. For this is the most important part.
    4. After the audition take your wife to hear some other speakers, like **** then she will really hear the difference.

These steps helped me and they will help you in your quest to obtain these wonderful speakers.
    I had an audition at kpt krunchs place. I have to say he has a wonderful home, family, and setup. My wife fell in love with his Tv and his 340's with stands, and the H/K. She wants use to get that Tv{sweet} she wants the 340's with stands, but i told her our listen area is small but we can get the 340's once we get a house. She even asked me if i was going to change my reciever, its a denon, she says it looks old. So that means i have to get the h/k now to make her happy . SO tahnk you Kpt krunch very much

Quote Originally Posted by jojo

1. Make sure you do your homework when your ready to upgrade. Read all the reviews you can so that your mouth waters every time your see the name Ascend.
    2. If you dont have the Ascends, start complaining about your current speakers. If they have shrill highs point them out. If they have boxy bloated bass point it out. Make sure she hears what your talking about.
    3. Make sure you get a contact from a happy Ascends owner to give you an audition. For this is the most important part.
    4. After the audition take your wife to hear some other speakers, like **** then she will really hear the difference.

These steps helped me and they will help you in your quest to obtain these wonderful speakers.
    I had an audition at kpt krunchs place. I have to say he has a wonderful home, family, and setup. My wife fell in love with his Tv and his 340's with stands, and the H/K. She wants use to get that Tv{sweet} she wants the 340's with stands, but i told her our listen area is small but we can get the 340's once we get a house. She even asked me if i was going to change my reciever, its a denon, she says it looks old. So that means i have to get the h/k now to make her happy . SO tahnk you Kpt krunch very much
    Ok, Kpt K, my wife and I are comin to visit. Do you guarantee results?

David

Quote Originally Posted by jojo

I would like to add that if you're receiver has an equalizer, it can be used to great effect to 'accentuate' your current speakers problems.

Just in case your spouses ears aren't as finely tuned as yours....

I have a denon 1803 with the klipsch i had to turn the treble down all the way to -12 and bass +2 and the dynamic compression to mid and she can still hear it. and even after she heard the ascends, she taking pop shots at the old speakers. Its a good thing i have a pair of 170's coming

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman
    Ok, Kpt K, my wife and I are comin to visit. Do you guarantee results?

David
    LOL - for you and your wife David, of course I guarantee it

I just wish I had the time to enjoy my setup more, the more people that visit, the more I get to listen to music and watch movies. This is one of my first free nights for anything, since, well, since Jojo and his wife were by.