Thread: Where to wall mount 170s ?

Default Where to wall mount 170s ?

Any suggestions on where to wall mount a pair of 170 fronts in relation to a wall-mounted plasma? I'm hoping to keep it high enough to be safe from the kids, but am worried it may not look right. Suggestions?

It's good to see that you are more worried about your speakers than your plasma set!

You really want to try to keep them with the tweeters at ear level. If that is not possible, then use wall mounts that will let you swivel the speaker down into your listening position. I could envision 3 170's at the same level above the TV, all aiming down into your listening position. How much distance between your screen and your seating position? (you'll want some seperation between the L/R speakers
    Feel Free to visit my website:
    The Bailey's Home Theatre in Our Living Room

Equipment List:
    Hitachi 57F59 HD CRT RPTV
    Outlaw 990/7125 PrePro/Amp
    Panasonic BD10 Blu-Ray Player
    Mains: Ascend CMT-340M
    Center: Ascend CMT-340C
    Surrounds: Ascend CBM-170
    Sub: SVS 25-31PC

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Bailey
    It's good to see that you are more worried about your speakers than your plasma set!
    Yeah sounds funny, but was planning to have a cabinet underneath to set a screen on the kiddies. But, I've since x-changed the 170s for 340s, so problem solved I guess. Now, just gotta make sure the stands are filled to prevent tipping. As always, thanks for the feedback.