Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well, I finally pulled the trigger

Default Well, I finally pulled the trigger

I just put in my order for 340's across the front. I also put in an order for a SVS 25-31PC-Plus that I plan to run in 20 Hz mode.

Unfortunately I blew my whole budget on speakers and am now going to figure out how to get a decent receiver to hook them all up to for $200.

Now the waiting begins. I will post some high resolution photos when I get the speakers. I was frustrated with the lack of high-res photos while I was shopping so I will try to help out others with that particular problem. One of the advantages of having my own web server. As long as I keep my site smaller than 120 GB I don't have to worry about storage space.

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by dae3dae3
    I just put in my order for 340's across the front. I also put in an order for a SVS 25-31PC-Plus that I plan to run in 20 Hz mode.
    Unfortunately I blew my whole budget on speakers and am now going to figure out how to get a decent receiver to hook them all up to for $200.
    Darren
    Congrats. As I urge everyone. Don't smile too much and don't miss too much work.

I believe SVS offers a 22hz native tune as an option on the 25-31. Wouldn't that be a better alternative if it's offered?

For a budget receiver:

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecce/shop...pno~757310.asp

http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.process?Nao=0&N=10946

Or get on the pre-order list for this one.

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4032232

David

Thanks for the links. I was hoping someone would point me in the right direction.

Is the Denon AVR685S that you linked to the same as the Denon AVR1705? The specs look the same but I didn't see the 685 on Denon's website.

I did not see an option on the SVS website for a 22Hz native tune. Maybe I'll fire them a quick e-mail and check.

Thanks,

Darren

It is probably to late now, but my local CompUSA had a few older open box AVR's for sale pretty cheap. Saw an Onkyo 601 for 130.00, might be worth a look.

I figured my wife was going to mad at me anyways so I went ahead and blew the budget and ordered a PIONEER VSX-1015TXK THX Select AV Receiver from JR.com. If you call in you get a better price than they list on their website.

I didn't want to settle and be upset with myself later.

Darren....congrats on your new setup. You have been doing a lot of research, I have seen you post on many forums.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by dae3dae3
    I figured my wife was going to mad at me anyways so I went ahead and blew the budget and ordered a PIONEER VSX-1015TXK THX Select AV Receiver from JR.com. If you call in you get a better price than they list on their website.
    I didn't want to settle and be upset with myself later.
    Just for reference, J and R is an authorized dealer for Pioneer. Any discount is a real bonus when you throw in the factory warranty and good MSRP. Way to go, Darren. Sleepin on the couch ain't so bad for a few nights.

David

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman
    Sleepin on the couch ain't so bad for a few nights.

David
    Well, I'd be right out where I could listen to my new setup.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman
    I believe SVS offers a 22hz native tune as an option on the 25-31. Wouldn't that be a better alternative if it's offered?
    David
    I sent an e-mail to SVS with this question and it took Ron 13 whole minutes to get back to me.

The 22 Hz tune is only available on the 25-31PCi. (no plus) The Plus series is end-user adjustable. He also stated:

"A 25-31PC+ in 20hz mode (one port plugged and the 20hz filter selected) is still quite powerful and has two free flowing 3” ports open and thus is still more powerful than a 20-39PCi."

I can't wait for everything to get here.

Well, I have tracking #'s for everything but the Ascends. I did get an e-mail from Dave saying they would be sent out soon.

I looked up the UPS center my sub is currently in on google maps and was looking at satellite pictures of the building. I couldn't quite see my sub though. Maybe I should have bought a bigger one.