Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Center channel mounting solutions

Only thing with that one, couldn't tell from pics/specs if the front lip was curved which wouldn't lie flush w/ the front of the 340C. Dave, any experience w/ other B-Tech mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by andydc
    Maybe that's just the optics of the shot, but could it be that the picture is of the BT514, which places the front of the speaker 16" from the wall (and hence the back about 4-5", I guess, which looks like what's in the picture).

I ask because my TV front (it's a plasma on a stand) is only about 12-14" from the wall. I think I could get away (from a WAF perspective) with the BT514 with its 16" projection. Would that be OK for the 340?

Thanks,

Andy
    Hi Andy...

Nope, the bracket in the picture is the BT-521... I am sure the BT-514 would work even better for you in your situation.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by BGHD
    Only thing with that one, couldn't tell from pics/specs if the front lip was curved which wouldn't lie flush w/ the front of the 340C. Dave, any experience w/ other B-Tech mounts?
    The front lip does curve upwards a bit, this keeps the speaker from sliding forward. Sorry... this is the only TV-bracket form B-Tech that I have experience with but I would say their products are of very good quality. We sold the BT-05 speaker brackets for nearly 6 years!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Alternative for Center Speaker Mount

This looks good too. Here, you can adjust the length.
    http://store.videomountstore.com/vmpdoarmtvwa.html

Default Omnimount Center Shelf

What do you guys think about the Omnimount Center Shelf for the 340 center?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/OmniM...oductDetail.do

Here are some pics of them in action.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Grayson73; 04-21-2006 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson73
    What do you guys think about the Omnimount Center Shelf for the 340 center?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/OmniM...oductDetail.do

Here are some pics of them in action.
    That looks great....but wouldn't its effectiveness really depend on if the TV's structure could hold that weight?

My Epson has a shelf built in, and I know some Samsungs have a shelf too. On my Epson, the shelf is not strong enough for the weight of the 340c which causes the middle of the TV to sag. I had to use a piece of MDF in conjunction with the shelf to distribute the weight evenly along the top of the TV.
    -curtis

After researching, I think the weight is too much for the back of the tv, so I'm back to TV wall mounts.

I suppose the B-Tech BT521 is better than the BT514 because it allows for more room between the back of the wall and the speaker?

Does the BT514 mentioned previously allow for enough room and is the plate big enough? The 340C is 21" wide, but the plates are only 12" and 15" wide.

BT514: 16" length with a 10"x12" plate
    BT521: 21-3/4" length with 11-3/4"x15" plate

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson73
    After researching, I think the weight is too much for the back of the tv, so I'm back to TV wall mounts.

I suppose the B-Tech BT521 is better than the BT514 because it allows for more room between the back of the wall and the speaker?

Does the BT514 mentioned previously allow for enough room and is the plate big enough? The 340C is 21" wide, but the plates are only 12" and 15" wide.

BT514: 16" length with a 10"x12" plate
    BT521: 21-3/4" length with 11-3/4"x15" plate
    Grayson73, how did you judge that the weight would be too much for your TV? I'm going to be in a slightly different quandary when my center gets delivered. My TV is too far away from the wall to use one of these wallmounted solutions because of the depth of my entertainment center. I'm currently looking into mounting solutions and was thinking of the same Omnimount center shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelong
    Grayson73, how did you judge that the weight would be too much for your TV? I'm going to be in a slightly different quandary when my center gets delivered. My TV is too far away from the wall to use one of these wallmounted solutions because of the depth of my entertainment center. I'm currently looking into mounting solutions and was thinking of the same Omnimount center shelf.
    You can try pushing down on the top of the tv to get a feel for how strong the plastic is. I read that the picture could be warped if the plastic is bent so I decided that it's not worth the risk since the 340c is pretty heavy (26 lbs).

Hi Guys,

Regrettably, B-tech has informed us that the BT-521 and BT-514 brackets have been discontinued... I believe they have a few BT-521 in silver leftover.

I recommend that you send them an email requesting they make a dedicated center channel version of this bracket. I have already requested they do so: http://www.pinpoint-mktg.com/

Sorry for the bad news...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com