Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Center channel mounting solutions

Quote Originally Posted by s2pdname
    However, the company (pinpointmarketinginc.com) does list a bracket that will swivel, model #BT 518.
    Sorry, I listed the website address incorrectly. This should work.

http://www.pinpoint-mktg.com/
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?

What is the best way to install this?

There are four holes in the mount, that are staggered.

X

X

X

X

There are very large screws and wall anchors. The width of the mounting plate (with holes) is over 0.5". So you cannot just install them in studs. Are they meant to be mounted directly to drywall (only)? Or half drywall, half stud, or what?

I don't want to make any mistakes. Help!
    Peace!
    Sygyzy

The best is to install all the screws into a stud. I'm not following you on exactly why this is not possible tho. Is the 0.5" a typo?

Randy

If I install it into a stud, does that mean I should not use the wall anchors? Also, the holes did not format correctly in my post. They are not all in a straight line.
    Peace!
    Sygyzy

Yes. If you can locate a stud then mount into that...no need for the drywall anchors. As far as the staggered holes alot of times the holes are staggered so the screws do not end up on the same "grain pattern". This reduces the chance of splitting (the stud) and also provides a little lateral resistance to movement. I'd suggest angling the screws slightly to make sure they bite into the "meat" of the stud. Accurate location of the stud is critical so you don't miss the stud with the screws.

Randy

Hi Sygyz,

Randy is absolutely correct.. They stagger the holes so that when screwing into the stud, the screws will not run on the same grain which could possibly cause the stud to "split"

Also, do not use the wall mount anchors with the stud.. Just use the large wood screws... This bracket is designed to hold a 70lb television, somewhat overkill for a center channel speaker.. I used only two of the mounting holes using wood screws into a stud and this is plenty secure...

Hope this helps!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thank you guys very much for your help. I simultaneously emailed the mfg and they echoed your recommendations. I will try to do the install tonight or this weekend. My receiver got delayed but I'll try to have everything ready before it gets here Monday.
    Peace!
    Sygyzy

Looks like the dimensions of the TV mount in the first couple posts are from this model which would place the front of the 340c 22" from the wall:

http://www.pinpointmarketinginc.com/bt521.htm

The 340c is only 11" deep, but the picture doesn't look like the TV's 11" from the wall. Could it be this one instead which places the front of the 340c 16" from the wall? Will this work too?

http://www.pinpointmarketinginc.com/bt514current.htm

szygy, how did your install work out?
    Last edited by BGHD; 10-22-2005 at 02:39 AM.

Looks like the dimensions of the TV mount in the first couple posts are from this model which would place the front of the 340c 22" from the wall:

http://www.pinpointmarketinginc.com/bt521.htm
    This is correct, the model is the BT-521 and will place the front of the 340c 22" from the wall. The rear of the 340c will be approximately 11.5" from the wall. The idea is to have the front of the speaker flush with the front of the TV. Most TV racks and DLP TV's are 12-14" deep, so this combination works well.

The 340c is only 11" deep, but the picture doesn't look like the TV's 11" from the wall. Could it be this one instead which places the front of the 340c 16" from the wall? Will this work too?
    The television was moved forward so I could get behind it and take the pictures... When the TV is in the right place, the front of the speaker is flush with the front of the TV...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Davef, what about BGHD's questions?

I think he meant to point out that it doesn't look like the back of the speaker is 11" from the wall. Maybe that's just the optics of the shot, but could it be that the picture is of the BT514, which places the front of the speaker 16" from the wall (and hence the back about 4-5", I guess, which looks like what's in the picture).

I ask because my TV front (it's a plasma on a stand) is only about 12-14" from the wall. I think I could get away (from a WAF perspective) with the BT514 with its 16" projection. Would that be OK for the 340?

Thanks,

Andy