Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Center channel mounting solutions

Default Re: Center channel mounting solutions

It seems that Omni Mount has discontinued their TV stands. Any recommendations for my Sierra-1 center?

I ended up going with a $50 Peerless PM1327B Tilt Wall Mount for 13" to 27" CRT Televisions. Its width is adjustable and it can be set with a 5 or 10 degree downward tilt. Should work perfectly. Will arrive tomorrow.
    Last edited by LemFliggity; 01-18-2011 at 10:21 AM.

I thought I'd pass on my solution. I wanted to mount my center channel below the TV without the speaker sticking out any farther than necessary. Most of the converted TV mounts stuck out too far for my needs.

I tried a Pinpoint AM15, which is a pair of angle brackets you bolt onto the wall. This was basically what I needed and worked fine for a small speaker, but sagged dangerously when I put a Sierra-1 on it. Then I found two mounts from AVF: ES150B-T and the EM60. The ES150B-T looks pretty nice. It attaches to the wall in one place, is black and has a couple crossbars to support a piece of A/V equipment (or speaker). It has a high enough weight rating that it should support a Sierra-1. I almost went this route, and in fact ordered one, but the crossbars have just the slightest amount of play in them and I was concerned the speaker wouldn't be level. I wasn't worried about it falling or anything, it just wouldn't look nice (even if I was the only one who noticed).

I ended up with the AVF EM60. This are like the Pinpoint mount, in that it is two separate brackets that you mount to the wall. Unlike the Pinpoint, it is pretty beefy and has a high weight rating. Even with the arms fully retracted, it is long enough to hold a Sierra-1. If you want more clearance from the wall, you should be able to extend the arms without sagging like Pinpoints. This mount is really designed for mounting a microwave in the kitchen and thus doesn't come in black. Just white or silver. I found a can of flat black enamel paint fixed that problem. A black powder coat would be a better solution.

The bigger problem was availability. AVF doesn't have a US distributor for this mount (you can find the ES150 on amazon), but I called their US office and they said they'd sell me direct as long as I understood there was a no return, no refund policy. I spoke with Jocelyn Villa 800-601-8450.

Anyway, I've got bracket set up and it is working nicely. Photos attached.

mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great looking, clean setup! Two questions: are you concerned about the heat from the fireplace? Do you have q-plugs installed on the sierras?

I'm not sure about the effects of the fireplace heat on the speaker. Would it damage the paint? Affect glue? It's already pretty dry out here in Colorado, so I doubt the drying effect would be a problem. I haven't had a fire in a number of years, so it's not a huge concern for me. On the plus side, the speaker will help shield heat from the TV.

Yes, I've got a foam condoms in all the speakers. Practicing safe speaker, if you will. I've got the cross-over set at 80 Hz, so I'm not sure if they're really necessary, but I thought it wouldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by durian View Post
    Yes, I've got a foam condoms in all the speakers. Practicing safe speaker, if you will. I've got the cross-over set at 80 Hz, so I'm not sure if they're really necessary, but I thought it wouldn't hurt.
    That's hilarious..

I recently mounted my center speaker on the wall and am looking for some thing that will prevent it from sliding off of it. I've heard people mention blue adhesive sheets that you can cut to your desired size. From what I've heard they are more tacky than Adhesive. Does anyone have experience using this and if so do you know that actual name of the product?
    Andrew
    -------------------------

TV: Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR706, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, Blu Ray: Sony BDP-N460
    Fronts/Center/Surrounds: Sierra Towers Nrt, Sierra-1, HTM-200
    Sub: HSU VTF-3 MK-4

Quote Originally Posted by kinggimp82 View Post
    I recently mounted my center speaker on the wall and am looking for some thing that will prevent it from sliding off of it. I've heard people mention blue adhesive sheets that you can cut to your desired size. From what I've heard they are more tacky than Adhesive. Does anyone have experience using this and if so do you know that actual name of the product?
    Blu-Tack. No need to cut it, it comes in strips, but it's a putty so you can shape it however you need.

Quote Originally Posted by LemFliggity View Post
    I ended up going with a $50 Peerless PM1327B Tilt Wall Mount for 13" to 27" CRT Televisions. Its width is adjustable and it can be set with a 5 or 10 degree downward tilt. Should work perfectly. Will arrive tomorrow.
    I realize you mounted this several years ago. How did it turn out? We you able to mount the Peerless "upside down" and then rotate the tray 180deg to make it as invisible as possible?

Thanks!

CC mounting solution:
    Mount the plasma/LCD/LED on an articulating arm wall mount, and put the Center on the TV stand just under it.
    Problem solved!