Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Center channel mounting solutions

Default Re: Center channel mounting solutions

Quote Originally Posted by bnrbeseth View Post
    i know this was a old post but is this wall bracket for the 340se center available or does anyone have a good suggestion for a sierra-1 center wall mount ?
    I at one point had mounted a 340se center using shelving brackets I found at the local hardware store (Lowes). I got the longest ones available to get the speaker as far out from the wall as possible. Two balanced the speaker just fine, holding all 26lbs with only a slight bit of flex in the brackets. Before I put the speaker up I put a 25lbs weight on each bracket individually to test it's total weight load capability.

They are the white arm brackets, I deleted other images, but here is a previous post if that helps: http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...&postcount=135
    the brackets were meant for a slat of wood to bolt into the top but I didn't bother as I wanted it to look like it was just hanging off the wall and not sitting on a shelf
    here's a pic from the front:

Quote Originally Posted by bnrbeseth View Post
    i know this was a old post but is this wall bracket for the 340se center available or does anyone have a good suggestion for a sierra-1 center wall mount ?
    We now stock a very similar model (nearly identical) as listed in this thread that is ideal for the 340 SE center or Sierra-1 center. Please send us an email or give us a call and we would be happy to answer any questions.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Funny question...my center channel locations are limited, how would the 340se handle a 50" plasma sitting on top of it???

Some questions on center placement. I have a Panasonic XR55 with 2 340SE's in the front, bi-amped (currently), about 5.5 ft apart on my tv stand, with a wall mounted LCD between them. There is a sub in the corner, and two in-wall Polks behind my couch (which is against the wall.) Add to this the fact that my wife frequently pushes the 340's back as far as they can go, which means only about 5" from port to wall. Needless to say, this is not an ideal placement for any of it, but it's what I have.

In any case, the phantom center has never really been great. Sure, it works, but we have to crank the sound to hear acceptable dialogue in many shows.

Hence, 3 years after I went Ascend...I finally ordered a center channel. Yay! Because the TV is wall mounted, and only about 4" off the wall, the center will lay on it's side underneath the monitor. This will be about a foot lower than our heads at normal viewing height. Should I lift the front an inch or so to get it firing at our heads, or is my setup so poor I won't make a difference? Oh, and I'm thinking of abandoning the bi-amp as well...thoughts?

One of these days I'll have a bigger living room, and get these speakers properly placed, but in hindsight I probably should have gone with 170's!

Quote Originally Posted by Venri88 View Post
    Because the TV is wall mounted, and only about 4" off the wall, the center will lay on it's side underneath the monitor. This will be about a foot lower than our heads at normal viewing height. Should I lift the front an inch or so to get it firing at our heads, or is my setup so poor I won't make a difference? Oh, and I'm thinking of abandoning the bi-amp as well...thoughts?
    The 340 SE center has wide and symmetrical vertical dispersion. At a foot below ear-level, it isn't nececessay to angle the speaker upwards -- however, it certainly couldn't hurt but I doubt it would make any audible difference to you.

Hope this helps!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by coyote_5 View Post
    Funny question...my center channel locations are limited, how would the 340se handle a 50" plasma sitting on top of it???
    Any clarification on this? I said it was funny, but I was serious!

edit: As long as you're answering - same I have the same question about the Sierra.

The reason I ask is, currently there is a concrete foundation wall behind my tv currently, so absent drilling into the concrete, I can't mount a shelf over the tv...
    Last edited by coyote_5; 01-19-2010 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coyote_5 View Post
    Any clarification on this? I said it was funny, but I was serious!

edit: As long as you're answering - same I have the same question about the Sierra.

The reason I ask is, currently there is a concrete foundation wall behind my tv currently, so absent drilling into the concrete, I can't mount a shelf over the tv...
    As long as the weight from the TV is dispersed (ie, not concentrated at a single point), either speaker cabinet will *easily* hold the weight. We have many customer doing this...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    As long as the weight from the TV is dispersed (ie, not concentrated at a single point), either speaker cabinet will *easily* hold the weight. We have many customer doing this...
    But is there a product out there that does this over a Plasma tv

Quote Originally Posted by daeagles View Post
    But is there a product out there that does this over a Plasma tv
    Do you mean disperse the weight of a center channel speaker placed on top of a plasma TV? If so, I have not seen such a product
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Yes, because live in an apartment and they use those steel walls. Also have all my equipment in a wood entertainment center which the tv sits on so can not place the speaker in front of it