Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Center channel mounting solutions

Quote Originally Posted by cyberbri View Post
    I'm moving my room around, getting a projector and screen, etc. Now my center channel (340SE) will need a speaker stand.

I need it to be about 2-3' high, and able to tilt toward the listening position.

Any suggestions?
    Wood Technology has a 28" center speaker stand. Although it isn't angled upwards, I wouldn't imagine that you would need to be tilted up very much with the speaker at that height.

http://www.wood-tech.com/product.php?cat=ss&series=cc

Les.

I have a 60" RPTV (LCoS.. well SXRD) that I need to place a CMT Center above, obviously much like the original post in this topic - I have depth to work with. The solution shown there with the TV mount is perfect, can I still get one somehow or where can I look to find one? I'm pretty much stuck for ideas as I don't really want a shelf back there.... anyone?

If its not available through this site (as I don't see it listed anymore) is this something pretty much the same? (sorry if we aren't allowed to post links!)
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/Haropa-TV-Wall-Mo...QQcmdZViewItem

It would have decent clearance from the wall for the back of the speaker, and it would certainly hold it up...... but I'm open to suggestions!
    Last edited by REFLEX; 01-25-2008 at 08:16 PM.

Default OmniMount CCH-1

I have a 60" SXRD and use the OminMount CCH-1. It just sets on the top of the TV and braces against the back. Its been great for 1.5 years

Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks, Amazon.com won't let me order it into Canada and Amazon.ca doesn't have it. But, I did find one of these in Futureshop here:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...est%5Fcookie=1

Its a little more expensive than I'd like, but its not too bad. Up to 100lb load, its 21.5" from the back wall, so I'd have good enough clearance correct? That leaves me with around 11" of space behind the speaker... to the wall, this is more than enough I assume. Also, it just hovers right over the edge of my 60" SXRD, which is awesome. I'm excited as my CBM 170s and my CMT Center arrive this coming week. Woohoo!
    Last edited by REFLEX; 01-26-2008 at 11:54 PM.

Default Re: Center channel mounting solutions

I just hung my 340 center last weekend, I originally had it on the console table angle upwards but it was about 1" too high infront of the tv. I racked my brain for a cheap and decent setup and came up with an incredibly cheap solution, though it is not necessarily up to everyones specifications-- it is currently working for me.
    At lowes hardware they sell 10" wall mount brackets (with about a 13" arm), it's like a huge L bracket. It's painted glossy white and is pretty solid. I live in an apartment so hanging it was a bit of a pain, 4" into the wall is concrete! though some areas had plywood backing. this was probably the biggest issue, as I was sans stud finder and basically guessed my way through it. I used drywall tap anchors, and the small ones worked best (about 2" deep). Once I had the first one hung, I tested it's strength by leaving a 25lbs dumbbell weight on it. It stood up fine, though there was a bit of flexing (about 1" maybe) so I finally got the second mount in (they ended up being about 4-5" apart instead of my previous 1ft apart hopes). None the less, the 340 still sits there now, no shelving, just on the brackets themself. ofcourse I was even more lazy and did not move my tv (hey it's 70lbs!) very much so the leveling is ever so slightly off between the two brackets and their flat tops. aside from this, I used the rubber bottoms I got in the mail for the speaker and stuck them to the brackets. everything is well and dandy except it is about 5 degrees not-far-enough down angled. I fixed that with 2 styrofoam (I said it may not be to peoples liking) in the back. the result is perfect pitch and stance, the audio is seemingly from the tv now, and not so easily locatable. this sounds pretty rigged, so I'll take a snapshot when I get a chance to show that it is mildly substantial looking. I'll also get the names of all the hardware, which is easily under 15$ total.

sorry the images are a bit blurry; the under/side shot shows mostly of what's going on here, I added the extra black sliver of material to balance out the speaker, I thought I had them leveled when hanging the brackets, but even a slight bit off ended up in about a few cm dip. from the front it seems to hover above the tv about 1" above. for the most part it is pretty sturdy and solid, though I did see an even stronger, non-flexing bracket with a double brace to ensure it, I might go that route but for now this works.
    Last edited by scape; 11-23-2008 at 11:20 AM. Reason: smaller pic

I read through this whole thread and didn't find what I was looking for. I have an entertainment center with a flying bridge, which just sits atop the two side pieces. The bridge is not attached, allowing the entertainment center to expand to the size of the TV.

There is enough space between the bottom of the bridge and the top of the TV for the 340C. My new TV does not have the shelf atop it that my current set has, so I'd like to mount the 340C to the bridge. Seems like suspending it from the underside of the bridge would work, but I'm not sure what to use that would look OK.

Maybe I could use wires and small eyebolts, and run the wires front to back under the 340C. That would allow me to tilt the speaker downward.

Any other ideas?

I found this, BT-889 projector mount, it holds 33 pounds (340C is 26 lb.) and has a tilt feature. I'd have to either screw it into the cabinet, or devise some kind of straps to go around the speaker.
    http://www.bracketsandstands.com/BT_...T_p/bt-889.htm
    Last edited by M3_Pete; 03-10-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Pete....can you post a picture of what we are dealing with?
    -curtis

Of course they don't sell what I have any more, but here is a generic photo of something similar. The center light bridge just lays atop the the two piers. There is a shelf on the bridge, about half as tall as the one shown in the photo. I want to attach the speaker to the underside of the shelf, and have it hang down so it's flush or nearly flush to the top of the TV.

http://www.racksandstands.com/asp/sh...r=0&sku=LC1455

I can try to take a picture of the exact unit when I get home, but I think this gives you the idea.

I think another issue that you have to deal with is clearance behind the speaker.
    -curtis

with that last linked image, I can see what you're talking about. Will the bridge hold the weight of ~15 lbs, have a dumbell to test it? Is it particle board w/ laminate or is it solid wood? Hanging anything on particle board is probably not a good idea, but not impossible. If you're set on hanging it, you might try this:
    maybe a 1x12x24 solid wood at your local hardware, drill small pilot holes in the wood paneling and the bridge about 1/2 inch in to where the four corners would meet the bridge if placed together (parallel to eachother of course), and drill all the way through.
    The next part could be done in a few ways, but one way would be flat brackets with a hole punched through the center, your hardware store probably has this somewhere. Secure the brackets on the bottom of the speaker lift, and ontop of the bridge (this is probably a good idea if it is particle board, to help brace and displace the weight off of any single contact).
    Grab some project wire lead them through each pilot hole with the brackets secured already. pull the wire under a washer and tie it around the bolt end of the bolt with a short length (maybe 3/4 inch) and hand screw it through that punched out sectioning to secure the wire.

that might work. using eyebolts might rip the particle board, and also would be seen pretty easily.