Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Center channel mounting solutions

i was wondering why you chose an HTM-200c with 340s as mains, but that second picture shows why. very clean looking setup. i like it.

i've never seen a sub set on a shelf like that... how is that working out for you?

also, is that a westinghouse tv? if so, have you had any problems with it. i've been looking at westinghouse tvs for a little while, but have read a number of people have problems with it locking up, and their customer service is supposedly terrible...
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    looks good!

Is that a subwoofer on the counter as well?
    Thanks!

Yes, that's an HSU VTF-2 I purchased through Ascend about 3 years ago.
    Sierra-1 - Mains+Center
    Surrounds - HTM200SEs (x4 in back, and x2 Atmos)
    Sub - SVS PB-2000
    Receiver - Onkyo TX-RZ1100
    Oppo Darbee Edition Blue Ray
    Sony 4K blu ray player

Quote Originally Posted by drewface
    i've never seen a sub set on a shelf like that... how is that working out for you?

also, is that a westinghouse tv? if so, have you had any problems with it. i've been looking at westinghouse tvs for a little while, but have read a number of people have problems with it locking up, and their customer service is supposedly terrible...
    Well, i tried the sub in several places around the room (which is carpeted) like Dr. Hsu suggested, and it turned out the best sounding spot was up there next to the TV. It just so happened that was the most aesthetic location too. I dont have to turn the power up very high on it to get a balanced sound I presume because its surrounded by walling.

My TV is a 40" Sony Bravia 40S2000. This model# has been replaced by the 2010 now, but the best selling version of it today is the 2500 model (cause its 1080p). I just love it though, and its gorgeous; especially on my pure OTA HD content (which i receive with an old school OTA antenna on my roof).

Btw, my rear HTM-200s are mounted with omnimount 20s up high on the back wall. The overall system sounds wonderful in DD5.1/DTS movies (and music too, of course!).
    Last edited by azanon; 02-08-2007 at 05:15 PM.
    Sierra-1 - Mains+Center
    Surrounds - HTM200SEs (x4 in back, and x2 Atmos)
    Sub - SVS PB-2000
    Receiver - Onkyo TX-RZ1100
    Oppo Darbee Edition Blue Ray
    Sony 4K blu ray player

Quote Originally Posted by musicforme
    I ended up going with the Sanus VMTVb http://www.sanus.com/cgi-bin/web_sto...=8309284_30148
    I really liked the look of this one, so i thought i'd post an updated link. :P

http://www.sanus.com/us/en/products/...odelCode/VMTV/

Default Center channel mounting solutions

Dave,
    I'm forced to put my TV diagonally in a corner. With this setup, I think that the speaker will be well behind the front of the TV screen. Will this be a significant issue?

Thanks,
    Lance

Quote Originally Posted by battlefrog
    Dave,
    I'm forced to put my TV diagonally in a corner. With this setup, I think that the speaker will be well behind the front of the TV screen. Will this be a significant issue?

Thanks,
    Lance

If it's reflecting off of the back of the TV it is.
    ANYTHING directly between the speaker and the listener will cause sound degredation, especially a solid object.
    You could always get a 2 arm wallmount, and swing it out to even with the face of the TV, or at least try and raise it up high enough, to minimize relecting off the back of the set.

JMO

I ended up buying a double arm mount because I wanted the ability to position the speaker front-to-back and left-to-right. I purchased this one:

http://store.videomountstore.com/vmpdoarmtvwa.html

However, for a corner installation, I would probably use this one:

http://store.videomountstore.com/hedudoarmtvw.html

The arm is 32" fully extended, so you should be able to mount it to one of the side walls and position the speaker in the middle of, and flush with the screen.

The model I purchased has a strange lip that drops down from the center of the tray, so I mounted the tray backwards. It appears that the larger mount does not have this lip.

Although there you can adjust the tilt of the speaker up to 15 degrees to aim the speaker toward the viewing position, there is no way to adjust the left-right tilt after screwing in the mount, so measure carefully. I ended up with the left side of the tray just slightly higher than the right side. However, after placing a shim pad under the right side of the speaker, it is hard to notice.

I used tapered wood screws that locked the mount into its final position. If I were doing it again, I might consider other options, such as expanding the bottom hole to allow some right-left movement, and using flat-head screws and lock washers.

Overall, I am very pleased with the final result.

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by battlefrog
    Dave,
    Hi Battlefrog,

Can you estimate the distance from the front of the center to the back of the TV? Also, how high will the speaker be above the TV? Basically, you will want an unobstructed +/- 15 degree dispersion pattern from speaker. If the TV will not interfere with that dispersion window, you should have no problems.

Take care!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Center speaker w/LCD TV?

I need a solution for a center speaker stand with an LCD panel tv. I only have an IKEA Benno bench(lowboy). The tv cannot be wall mounted, nor the speaker since this will be in an apartment. I know what I am looking for, but I don't think it exists. I'd like to have a stand that has a base where the tv's base stand can rest on, with uprights mounted off the rear of the base supporting a shelf above the set where the speaker can sit. Is there anything on the market that remotely approaches that? It is a 32" AQUOS.

Thanks!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato
    I need a solution for a center speaker stand with an LCD panel tv. I only have an IKEA Benno bench(lowboy). The tv cannot be wall mounted, nor the speaker since this will be in an apartment. I know what I am looking for, but I don't think it exists. I'd like to have a stand that has a base where the tv's base stand can rest on, with uprights mounted off the rear of the base supporting a shelf above the set where the speaker can sit. Is there anything on the market that remotely approaches that? It is a 32" AQUOS.

Thanks!
    Ed...do you mean like a little hutch where the center channel can be in, and the TV on top?
    -curtis