OK, here's the deal. My wife and I have decided on our house plans and are going this afternoon to choose between a couple of lots that have made the cut. We now live right in the middle of the greater Birmingham area, but the new house will be about 20 miles north in a little town called Hayden. It's a new subdivision out in the sticks, so we're going to have to get satellite TV. I've been doing a little reading on other forums and see a lot of abbreviations like D* and E*. I don't know what these mean. Could anyone who has Dish Network, Direct TV, or another company tell me some of the pros and cons for each. I want the most hi-def that can be had, and don't care as much about all the movie channels. An HD Tivo-like device would also be nice. I'm really excited about the move. It's been in the works since last fall and seems like it's taking forever. My better half will have (mostly) full control over the 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, dining room, and kitchen area upstairs and I will have (mostly) full control over the 2 car garage, lobby area, full bathroom, theater, and equipment area downstairs. Woooohooooo!!!