Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CBM-170/CMT340 Prelim Review

Have your friends over again for the Incredibles when you get your sub!
    -curtis

Default wow I posted while drunk?

Dang, I woke up this morning and was suprised to find your reply - I had some wine last night and forgot that I posted...hehe.

About the sub - I really can't wait. I just want to bust out the credit card and order. But, first I have to choose one. I've increased my budget to about $700 shipped and can't decide between the SVS PCi series or a Hsu VTF-3 MKII, or another that I'm sure I'll pick out soon. Groan (but its a happy groan).

edit: ooh DIY subs....interesting...
    Last edited by Jonnyozero3; 04-24-2005 at 09:13 AM. Reason: oooh a thought...
    Jon O.

"How do you like the H/K receiver?"

It's good but not very good like I would expect. However, if you are looking for receiver under $1200, H/K is the best you can get. Better than everything else in the same league (I have audited Denon, Yamaha and Pioneer Elite and decided on the H/K 630).

I'm going upgrade within 8 months. I want to take full advantage of what Ascend speakers offer and I don't think a receiver like my H/K 630 can do it justice.

Wow, at first I thought that was a knock on HK, but in fact it's a compliment to the Ascends...nice!
    Jon O.