Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Placement of my new 340c - what would you do?

Default Good solution here...

Hi Guys,

Here is what I did in my home using a TV bracket I came across. This is the PERFECT center channel bracket for the CMT-340c. The bracket is rated at over 70lbs and angles the speaker downward at a perfect 7 degs. It is extremely secure and easy to mount and adjust. You can adjust the vertical angle (0 to 7 degrees) and adjust the horizontal angle if needed.

The front of the speaker will be approx 22" from the wall behind it. From my couch and looking at an upward angle, everything is hidden and it looks as if the speaker is floating.

If there is demand for these I will stock them for purchases.

Last edited by davef; 04-12-2005 at 07:34 PM.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I LIKE that!

Randy

bookmarked. dave, mark me down for one please.

That looks great. Something like that may well overcome some buyer's inertia. I worry about center channel placement.

I think that would work perfect for many people! I know it would for me if my TV didn't have a built in shelf.

Hmmmm....DaveF doesn't have an Ascend logo on his center channel....hehehe
    -curtis

Are there any issues with placing the speaker this close to the wall since it is ported in the rear?

Quote Originally Posted by Cargo
    Are there any issues with placing the speaker this close to the wall since it is ported in the rear?
    Cargo....in case you didn't know, davef is the owner and designer of Ascend Acoustics speakers. That said, I don't think he would put a speaker where it shouldn't be.
    -curtis

Exclamation

It looks to me that the speaker now doesn't even go past the TV screen. Isn't that creating any problems?
    Feel Free to visit my website:
    The Bailey's Home Theatre in Our Living Room

Equipment List:
    Hitachi 57F59 HD CRT RPTV
    Outlaw 990/7125 PrePro/Amp
    Panasonic BD10 Blu-Ray Player
    Mains: Ascend CMT-340M
    Center: Ascend CMT-340C
    Surrounds: Ascend CBM-170
    Sub: SVS 25-31PC

Some excellent questions....

Quote Originally Posted by Cargo
    None whatsoever... The bracket is 21 3/4" in total length from the wall behind it. The rear baffle of the speaker is 14.25" from the wall. This is more than enough clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Bailey
    It looks to me that the speaker now doesn't even go past the TV screen. Isn't that creating any problems?
    Good eyes Lee ... Actually, I position the tv so that it is almost exactly flush with the front of the speaker (measures best when the speaker extends about 1" past the TV, buy my wife thinks it looks best when it is flush).

My TV (like most DLP, DILA, Plasma or LCD on stand) is less than 17" deep. This gives me plenty of room for optimal positioning.

The TV extends past the speaker in the pictures because I moved the TV forward so I could get behind and take a few pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis
    Hmmmm....DaveF doesn't have an Ascend logo on his center channel....hehehe
    Curtis.... nothing gets past you, does it

No logo.. no labels and not even a crossover in that unit. My personal 340 system is at the office this week undergoing some much needed refurbishing. My future speaker builder and his friends did quite a job on daddy's speaker cabinets. I figure, better that they pretend to "fix" the speakers then the TV

Hope this info helps out!
    Last edited by davef; 04-13-2005 at 03:10 PM.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

If the designer and owner of a speaker company still has to keep WAF in mind for the home theatre I guess I shouldn't feel too whipped for worrying about it.