Hi all,
I've got a 340c and pair of 170's due for delivery today, to complement my existing setup: A pair of 340m's, a Denon AVR-3805, a Denon DVD-2910, and a Sony 34" widescreen set.

Pretty excited, but I'm concerned about my placement options for the 340c. The Sony monitor, which lacks anything remotely resembling a flat top, is not going to easily accomodate a 340 on top of it. My easiest option is to place it on the top shelf of my TV stand, which will barely accomodate its height. The top shelf only sits 11.25" off the ground (hald the height of a pedestal stand). My ears are 36" off the ground in the listening position about 9'-10' away. I will only be able to angle it up a little, and even then the top metal lip of the stand will begin to overlap the front speaker baffle - should I still angle it up in that case? At least the stand is open back so no problems with porting. Still, will this sound reasonable? Better than a phantom center?

I just noticed that the 340c on a pedestal stand would just barely (exactly, actually) fit under the bottom edge of the monitor's screen glass, so I guess I could order another stand and place it in front of the screen - though it would look ugly.

Here's a link to a pic of my setup as it currently stands (yep, the room is pretty horrible acoustically):
http://photo.head-fi.org/showphoto.p...sort=1&cat=500

Advice? What would you do?