Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Svs 16-46 Pc+

Ok guys, I finally finished tweaking everything and running the setup through all my test material.

Here are some images of my front "soundstage" and surround right area.
    Its tough to get shots without warping the view.

Here is my final frequency response. With just one cylinder I used all twelve BFD filters. With the duals this FR was achieved with just four! I'm very happy with it. A nice hump from 12Hz - 25Hz, dead-nuts flat from 25Hz - 60Hz, and then a fairly smooth 7dB drop from 60Hz to 100Hz. Everything from 12Hz to 45Hz is untouched natural response. Take a look...

How it sounds...
    KICK-@$$!
    Hands down this is the most amazing bass I've ever heard. Solid authoritative extension to 12Hz, massive peak SPLs, no sound of struggle during intensive passages, completely non-directional, and response that is atleast 90% as clean as anything I've heard. In my ~1500ft^3 room with the BFD these units get the job done.

Listening to the opening sequence of "Open Range" in DTS at 5dB below reference, the Thunder & Lightning sounds 100% authentic. With the surrounds creating a completely immersive rainfall this sequence is one of my refound favorites.

One vs Two.
    Adding the second sub to the opposite side of the front soundstage eliminated any ability of mine to tell what side of the room the bass was eminating from. Peak slams (such as thunder raps) seem much more authoritative, and there seems to be less "struggle" during intense passages. Adding the second sub really opened everything up and was definetly worth the extra cash.

My audio setup is finally finished... saving up and moving on to the display side of things...

EDIT:LOL Jim! That was odd timing...

That's a great looking soundstage. Once you get your PJ and screen setup, you ought to be able to charge admission.
    -Jim