Thread: Alien vs. Predator

Default Alien vs. Predator

Very impressive sound on this movie. I don't think my sub has had that sort of workout in a while. But, not just LFE sound ... I'd consider the entire movie well mixed and clear.

The movie is OK. My only complaint was that I thought the predator could have used his cloaking a little more. I know I would have if I saw a giant alien. Who wouldn't? Heck even Arnold had trouble chasing down the invisible Predator and Arnold is the man.

Movie is worth a rental, but be sure and watch Predator and Aliens -- both still killer movies in their own rights.

Aaron, "OK" is being generous to this movie, IMO. It's a very pale sequel to the superb Alien and Aliens (each one a classic - in different ways) and the almost-superb Predator. AVP has good sound and special effects but nowhere near the suspense, excitement or horror of the originals. Even the story line lacks any real interest, and the characters are completely forgettable.

Worth a look for the curious (like me) but not much more.
    Last edited by GaryB; 04-04-2005 at 06:50 PM.

I agree that there are many pitfalls in these movies. After seeing similar movies in this genre such as Freddy vs. Jason I don't expect a lot from these X vs. Y titles other than some classic geeky commic book confrontations.

i had already seen this movie in the $2 theatre. the dvd was receiving a lot of positive chatter over at HTF (blew one user's sub), and I wanted to hear the hype at home. audio geek i guess.

my mother loves the Alien series. i took this movie over to her place and let her borrow it. she said it was very weird. she didn't like it. she also doesn't have a sub, and has never owned a comic book.

I give it out of .
    Last edited by Nicholas Mosher; 05-19-2005 at 01:30 PM.