Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movies w/ Great "Surprise" Endings

Default Movies w/ Great "Surprise" Endings

I would have to say my favorite "Surprise" ending movie is easily "The Usual Suspects."

"Sixth Sense" was good, but I saw it coming - same with "Saw"

And there was another one, but I can't think of it. If I remember, I'll put it up.

Anyone have any others?

The ending to "The Game" with Michael Douglas and Sean Penn was interesting. That movie was a mind bender until the end.
    -Jim

not a surprise ending, but several people enjoyed the twist of "A Beautiful Mind"

It's been many years since I saw it, but the ending of "No Way Out" with Kevin Costner was a bit of a surprise to me.

Some good ones already mentioned, I'll add a fav of mine, "Fight Club".

Jacob's Ladder and The Ninth Configuration are both stellar, war-related movies with surprise twists at the end.

And David Fincher's brilliant, if twisted, "Seven" and "Fight Club" both had nasty jolts at the end (though even if I hadn't read the novel first, Fight Club was definitely telegraphed).

Can you tell I like my films dark and depraved?

[Edit: I guess Johnny Casaba beat me to the "Enter" button first. And come to think of it, Fincher directed "The Game" as well.]

David Lynch's "Mulholland Drive." A suprise right from the get go. One of my favorite movies.

David

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman
    David Lynch's "Mulholland Drive." A suprise right from the get go. One of my favorite movies.

David
    yes, very spooky that mulholland dr. i wanna see more movies with that brunette chic. MD kinda made a star out of naomi watts ha? david, too bad they don't have lost highway on dvd

Chas - No Way Out - great ending. I thought of the other movie - Arlington Road.

Seven was good too and Fight Club...all mentioned so far come to think of it.

Actually the only movie I can't comment on so far is The 9th Configuration, I'll have to check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by bri1270
    Actually the only movie I can't comment on so far is The 9th Configuration, I'll have to check that out.
    If you do, be prepared for some kooky, M*A*S*H* style theatrics, a slightly dated look, and one REALLY odd scene in a biker bar. Great acting though and and some heady metaphysical/existential dialogue.