Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Planning Basement HT...what did I forget?

The 23-23 system has 170 x 4, 340C and HSU -2MKI sub. Shipping is over $200.

My career field is aircraft electrical/environmental systems, but right now I'm a security manger. Don't mind it, making big COLA up here (almost $2000 last month).

Nothing like a nice big COLA You could get all 340's for that!
    Jon O.

Base housings not big enough!

doh!
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyozero3
    ...Any chance your brother-in-law does electrical and would like to quote me on how much it would be to wire in a couple new outlets for my basement?
    I'll ask Joel (bro-in-law) about the wiring. I know he does some electrical repair work. I'll let you know.

I see you have surge protection on your list. I just scored a power-buy on an eight outlet Brickwall unit...$199 shipped. Reg $249 and then add shipping. If your interested in this I can see if I can get you in yet. Alot of people jumping on the the pro Furman units too... like the PL-8 Series II. Can be had for around $100, maybe less in E-Bay and such. Either unit would be good I think.

Randy

Thanks for the advice - I think I'm going to pick up one of the Furman PL-8 II's - They look very very nice I don't have a rack but I'll screw it right into my Audio Pier from Target...OH YEAH! I was going to get a Tripplite HT10DBS, but this is better. I may have to get something else to shield the cable line, but that comes later.

About the wiring - no biggie, but thank you. I'm just curious how bad its going to be to run a 15A line from the box in the garage ~30ft away to the HT area. I appreciate the inquiry.
    Jon O.

Default update

Just ordered 2x CBM-170s, 1x CMT-340C and a HK AVR-435 to get started. Should be here by friday and I may have the rest of the speakers ordered by then. I am very excited. Dave and James were very nice listening to me babble and ask questions. James and I also shared a "moment" haha when I paid up - I've been researching speakers since 2003 and a member of the forum since Dec of 2003, I've been waiting a long time and the experience was quite....sniff....emotional....

Jon O.

Jonny...if I remember correctly, I first "ran" into you right after I got my Ascends.
    -curtis

Cool. I ordered mine yesterday to, the 23-23 system. I just don't know when I'll get them, could be next week or two months from now. Shipping to overseas can be a real pain. Curtis was right, they do give a military discount and it was more than I was expecting. Great company to do business with. They may get more business once people here get a chance to hear my system.

Fury...how does something get shipped to you? I just had a Marine friend in town, and I know I send mail for him to a U.S. military address in San Francisco, and then it gets couriered over to him in Okinawa.

You mentioned how expensive shipping was to you....so I guess items such as these can not go the same type of route?

You have your receiver and disc player? I guess you can just get that stuff through the exchange...right?
    -curtis