Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accessories Recommendations

Fury, I use a Denon 3805 with S33-25 package from Ascend. The only calibration that I've done was with the auto setup. The sound is great!! One warning about the Denon 3805 though, it has a plethora of features. If you don't need them all, you might consider it's little brother, the 2805 and save a few hundred dollars.

As far as cables, Curtis and Cestlavie got the right idea. From the research I've done and reading the many threads on this and other sites, the main factor for cables is the resistance. You should chose the appropiate gauge based on the length of you run. For 8 ohm speakers, 16 gauge would be sufficient for up to 50ft run. I got some 14 gauge wire and banana plugs from Parts Express and put them together for my system. Connecting your sub is a little different though. Resistance is not a big factor, but shielding is.

Quote Originally Posted by Furypitcher
    Is it still recommended to keep the wiring length the same for the fronts channels and the same length for the rear channels?
    Nope. To hear any kind of difference due to delay, the wire lengths would need to vary by many hundreds of feet. So even front channels can have different lengths from each other.
    -curtis

Cool!! That will definately save me same $$$.

I'm not sure what features I'll use, but I kind of want somthing that will last a while and a little future proof. I've been using a Pioneer VSX-D901S for the past 15 years.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MacG

As far as cables, Curtis and Cestlavie got the right idea. From the research I've done and reading the many threads on this and other sites, the main factor for cables is the resistance. You should chose the appropiate gauge based on the length of you run. For 8 ohm speakers, 16 gauge would be sufficient for up to 50ft run. I got some 14 gauge wire and banana plugs from Parts Express and put them together for my system. Connecting your sub is a little different though. Resistance is not a big factor, but shielding is.
    Well, the wire sold here fits the bill perfectly then. Plus, if you connect the wires together to form one pair out of the two pairs provided, you get a very large gauge of wire!

Since I've already got Monster Z series speaker cable that I won online, I'll keep using it.
    Feel Free to visit my website:
    The Bailey's Home Theatre in Our Living Room

Equipment List:
    Hitachi 57F59 HD CRT RPTV
    Outlaw 990/7125 PrePro/Amp
    Panasonic BD10 Blu-Ray Player
    Mains: Ascend CMT-340M
    Center: Ascend CMT-340C
    Surrounds: Ascend CBM-170
    Sub: SVS 25-31PC