Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad to see.

Default Sad to see.

AV123 is now paying comission to those that give home auditions. http://forum.av123.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7918
    Last edited by Quinn; 03-25-2005 at 09:42 AM.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    AV123 is now paying comission to those that give home auditions. http://forum.av123.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7918

Heck, I'll audition my Ascends for free.

I think part of their reasoning is due to the high cost to the buyer for the shipping. There is a site called AudioEnvy that provides a user directory for Rockets, Swan, SVS, and Adire speakers. The idea is that you can find someone near you to listen to the speakers you are interested in. Too bad there is no link there to email the site owner, to add Ascends to the list, as well as the HSU products.
    Feel Free to visit my website:
    The Bailey's Home Theatre in Our Living Room

Equipment List:
    Hitachi 57F59 HD CRT RPTV
    Outlaw 990/7125 PrePro/Amp
    Panasonic BD10 Blu-Ray Player
    Mains: Ascend CMT-340M
    Center: Ascend CMT-340C
    Surrounds: Ascend CBM-170
    Sub: SVS 25-31PC

Interesting concept. Whatever floats their boat. Personally, I'd rather sit down and chill with a beer showing off my Ascends to a prospective buyer without the pretext of a payoff for my efforts. I believe that the value of what Dave & co. have done for us is much more than the cost of our speakers. If a little of my time helps them make another sale, so be it.
    -Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Bailey
    Too bad there is no link there to email the site owner, to add Ascends to the list, as well as the HSU products.
    That is something that has been talked about for at least two years....the owner does not do it for some reason.

I've said it before, through the auditioning of speakers, I have met some very nice people, and experienced new music. With that, and products that I am very happy with, that is plenty of incentive.

I'm with Jim, I don't need anything more from Ascend to audtion my speakers.
    -curtis

I don't think it's sad at all. If handled properly, it could be a very good business move. I spent almost two decades as a retail manager and one thing that often frustrated me was getting owners to take risks and try new ideas. Mark Schifter is a risk taker and idea generator. I could work for him with enthusiam.
    I don't own any AV123 products. I just admire him as a business person.

David

Can you imagine what kind of ruckus this will cause on HTF and AVS? Talk about marketing. It's going to taint every recommendation of AV123 products and get threads locked left and right.
    - EVH III

Can you imagine what kind of ruckus this will cause on HTF and AVS? Talk about marketing. It's going to taint every recommendation of AV123 products and get threads locked left and right.
    I tend to agree.

Not sure if many of you remember when the old Ascend forum went up.....something that Smokey and I put together(most Smokey) with only Ascend's blessing and nothing more. Some Rocket/AV123 owners were upset and said that I should show my "affiliation", eventhough there really wasn't any.

I don't think it's sad at all. If handled properly, it could be a very good business move.
    I guess the question would be, what is "properly".
    -curtis

"I guess the question would be, what is "properly"."

To be determined. Im sure Mark is well aware of the downside to this program. AV123 is already taken to task on AVS and HTF on a regular basis. This will take that up a notch but that wouldn't bother me too much.
    As far as auditioning for free, that will still be how most of it gets done over there and over here. They're not changing how things are done. They're just adding another facet. An AV123 owner might take offense to not getting a credit but I believe that will be the exception, not the rule.
    I looking forward to seeing how it all plays out. This is my idea of a spectator sport.

David

hmmmmm, that's very interesting news indeed. I should tell my friend who bought some Rockets, though my guess is you would only get money for purchases, and not auditions per say.

"my guess is you would only get money for purchases, and not auditions per say."

No money is involved. Those who are selected for the program will receive a 5% credit good towards AV123 products based on sales. 50 people will be selected to participate in the program based on location, AV123 set-ups and I'm assuming knowledge.
    If internet direct is to grow, auditions would be a big plus. AV123 is trying to make that much more of a reality. If this is the right stategy for AV123 remains to be seen.

David