Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Svs Pb10-isd

Peter Marcks would indentify himself. Craig? DDavidson? Tdekany? Boss o Bass? Who ever it is has real sub design knowledge and understanding.

I suspect that the Hsu HOs will include DSP and that is why the evasive non-answer on the HSU forum from that person finding the DSP developer's announcement of working on it with Hsu. http://www.hsuresearch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1517

Also, we keep hearing two patents for the HO sub but the "turbo charger" seems to be the only one that has been disclosed. DSP could be the second if it is new software.

I think summer is still the timeline for release of the HO line.
    Last edited by Quinn; 03-28-2005 at 10:53 AM.

IIRC, the second patentpending technology is in regards to the ports used on the VTF-3HO. Hsu Research seems to be extremely tight lipped about this one. Having seen some pictures of the VTF-3HO subs, it looks like the flares are different than what was used on the TN_1220_HO, even though both are 4" (i.d.) ports. These flares look even larger than the flares on the SVS dual driver subwoofers which also have 4" i.d. ports (SVS appears to be using Precision Ports with flares, available at places like Parts Express). This could be part of the patent, but that is pure speculation on my part.

Yes, that does jog my memory that one of the pending patents is related to the ports.

With all these new models coming out like the VTF3-HO from HSU, the PB12-Plus, Ultra, and ISDv from SVS, and the UFW-12 from Schifter and Co., the sub market is gonna get interesting over the next few months. Throw in the Velodyne Eq system and the rumored HSU DSP and it really starts to get fun. I need to start saving now.
    - EVH III

reads like a lot of birth control devices.
    -curtis

The PB12U is essentially a PC-U in a box shape. Performance between these two should be about the same. The exact same goes with the PB12+ and (20Hz tuned) PC+. The PB12Iv does not have a cylinder equivalent, but is somewhere between the (20Hz tuned) PCi and (20Hz tuned) PC+ in performance.

UFW12 should be well more than double the output of the UFW10.

VTF3HO *turbo* should be double the output of the TN_1220_HO.

Output-wise, VTF3HO wins, given the above.

Anybody know what the target pricepoint is for the VTF3-HO?? If not too far out of line me thinks this might be my next upgrade. Love my VTF3MkII so I'm sticking with the Hsu line for sure.

Randy

BFD should arrive Wednesday! I sure am glad I didn't pay an extra $15 for 2-Day Air...

Where did you purchase your BFD? With all this talk I may have to take the plunge too.

Randy