Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parents' HT update

Default Parents' HT update

Some of you may remember from the old forum that my Parents were working on thier own HT. Well...I am happy (and envious) to report that it is going well. Here are some pictures:

Some stuff still needs to be moved around, paintings hung, etc.

You can see the CMT-340m's. The center channel needs to be put in....my Dad is working on reinforcing the shelf for it. They have decided to use existing CBM-170's on stands for surrounds, for a while they were undecided on wall mounting and/or using HTM-200's. The table is a bit out of place, but they are thinking about putting a "lazy susan" on it to match the other wood tones. New recessed lighting was also put in.

The sofa, loveseat, and recliner are KILLER! Supple leather, and each seat reclines individually with adjustable headrests.

My jaw dropped when I saw it all.....and was even more impressed when I sat in them. My Parents laughed....in almost a teasing sort of way...it was funny. They want to have family movie nights. Of course if my two brothers show up with their wives and kids, we are going to be fighting for seats.

As a forum member put it to me today, "Few things worse than being out hipped by the parents."
    -curtis

more pics:

-curtis

i bet that leather feels great. that's some really cool furniture. i like it!

so, curtis, when are you going to invite people over to raid your parent's place?

what kind of sub?
    powdered toast man away!

Cool! Is that furniture the Eichorn (sp) Stressless? Looks like Mom and Dad have put a big dent in your inheritance!

Randy

We bought a chair like that recliner (on closeout) made by Palliser when we moved into our new house, and let me tell you that is one of the most comfortable pieces of furniture I have ever experienced. People gravitate to it when they come over and almost inevitably fall asleep (until I blast them awake with the 340s).

I will check on the brand of the furniture.

The sub is a STF-2 that I bought used a while back. It is handling that large room well. If and when I decide to change subs, I will give them my VTF-3.
    -curtis

Thumbs up

That looks really nice. The one poor acoustic element is the glass coffee table. It produces a LOT of reflected sound. There's nothing like spending your kid's inheritance!
    Feel Free to visit my website:
    The Bailey's Home Theatre in Our Living Room

Equipment List:
    Hitachi 57F59 HD CRT RPTV
    Outlaw 990/7125 PrePro/Amp
    Panasonic BD10 Blu-Ray Player
    Mains: Ascend CMT-340M
    Center: Ascend CMT-340C
    Surrounds: Ascend CBM-170
    Sub: SVS 25-31PC

Here's what I got from my Dad:
    "The brand name is Ekornes. The series is Stressless. And the model is Pegasus."

I guess Randy really knows his furniture.

Unfortunately, that glass table is not going anywhere at the moment, but they might put something on it.
    -curtis

Wow, that new furniture looks great, but my shin hurts just looking at that glass coffee table. My friend has one that is similar, and I can't tell you how many times I have cracked my shin on it. OUCH! LOL!