Thread: Blue Man Group & DVD-A

Default Blue Man Group & DVD-A

Great article in April's edition of S&V. Blue Man Group is a heavy proponent of DVD-A and especially surround for its recordinds, more so than many other artists. They want to be in charge of how their DVD-As/DVDs sound, and not the recording labels.

I have their Complex Rock Tour Live DVD and enjoy all the percussions, et al. and there are a few DTS-audio only tracks on it. Too bad I don't have a DVD-A capable player (or haven't ventured into it) just yet.

I definetly plan to get their DVD-A disc soon.

Have you ever seen them in person? I saw them at the Charles Playhouse in Boston, which is a little theater that only holds a couple hundred people. Absolutely Spectacular!

I saw them in Vegas this past January....fun show.

I also have the Complex DVD-A and video.....love it...it is better than the show I saw.
    -curtis

Talking Oh Yeah!

I bought the Blue Man Group's first DVD-A when I bought my first DVD-A player. The sound on this disc was great but not spectacular. However, the new DVD and DVD-A of the complex is great! A good workout for your entire surround system. I especially enjoyed the concert.

For those of you looking to test the sound quality of your subwoofer, list to these discs. There is a lot of percussion. On several tracks they strike a large bass drum. A good sound system it should sound deep and powerfull, not muddy and soft, like it sounded at best buy when I saw/heard the Complex tour disc a few months ago.

Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of seeing these guys live yet. (and I do mean yet)
    Dave Nelms