First thanks to everyone who has posted on this discussion forum, I found it extremely useful. I am looking to put together my first HT system, so your patience and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Buying speakers without having heard them first is a new experience for me, and I am curious about what type of HT receiver people feel pairs well with the CBM-170's. We have a small den and I am looking at setting up a "budget" 5.1 system with 2 pr of CBM-170's, a CMT-340c and a Klipsch KSW-12 that I presently own. I am going to set up an additional pair of CBM-170's in the neighboring living room as zone 2. As I have not previously had a HT setup, I am going to guess the music / movies split will be 60 / 40. As always, I am looking at getting the most performance for the least $. The HT receivers that I'm considering are as follows:

HK AVR 630 ($620)/ HK AVR 635 ($730)
Onkyo TX-SR702 ($590)
Denon 2805 ($550 - refurb)
Pioneer VSX-1014TX-K ($400)

Is the EQ on the HK 635 worth an extra $100 over the HK 630?

I have read that Onkyo is good for movies, any comments on how it handles music?

Denon receivers are fairly reputable, anybody have any experiece with Denon refurbs?

Pioneer had gotten great reviews, but can a receiver that on weighs 19 lbs really deliver the goods?

Thanks very much for your help.

John