Thread: The Incredibles

Default The Incredibles

Supposed to hit stores today!

Anyone who watches the DVD tonight MUST post their impressions for us "waiters" who will be getting it next month!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

I bought the two DVD set last night at Target for $15. I saw the movie in the theater...loved it. I watched a couple of the extra features on the second disc last night....good stuff.

My kids and I will probably watch the movie this weekend.....they saw it in the theater too...but want to see it again.
    -curtis

I have to wait and see if I get it for my birthday(April 4), but I will definitely get it one way or another. We saw it as a family during X-mas break in a discount theater. Big picture (old style movie house), but no surround sound, only sound from behind the screen. I kept thinking: I can't wait to see this at home!
    Ed

* (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6

Okay.....

kids got it for Easter. They wanted to watch it right after breakfast(gotta love them kids!).

Besides being a great movie, the picture and sound were "Incredible"!!

The only "problem" I have with most of the Disney/Pixar DVDs is with the EX encoding. I don't have a 6th speaker and the Outlaw 1050 automatically detects the EX flag and triggers the 6.1 processing. Since I only have 5.1, I have to lie to the 1050 and tell it that a 6th speaker exists. If I don't do this, the EX flag in certain DVDs will keep triggering the 1050's 6.1 mode, causing a 2-4 second audio dropout each time. So, I must let the 6.1 mode play without a 6th speaker. I am concerned that by doing this the surround information normally sent to the L/R surrounds is now being divided into the non-existent center surround, and I am missing stuff back there.

I guess this was a common glitch with processors of the time, and newer equipment has solved this issue. It's just that the 1050 is still considered an excellent unit and many are still being used.

I'll have to add a rear center someday, right after I convince the wife!
    Ed

* (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6

I got it. I had actually taken my daughter to see it in the theater, I think I enjoyed it more than she did.

I give it out of .

Default Re: The Incredibles

I saw in the theatre as well as home. I just got it that DVDs. It was a really awesome movie. Great story with great animation.

Default Re: The Incredibles

Well, I have seen this movie and the thing is that I want to say you that the one thing is that this movie made this film for its unique look. If you find a city where the story takes place seems quite modern metropolis. I like its over all story as well as also its sound system that much.