Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power conditioners...how much of a difference?

Eddie,

One other important feature of the HTPS-7000 is "Balanced Power" which in non-technical terms means improved (noise free) electricty to the components (except for High Current items). It splits 120 volts into 60 volts positive and 60 volts negative thereby cancelling noise and eliminates "dirty" electricity. I concur with your point of view about power conditioners and their function as well as surge supression. In my opinion, the HTPS does both very effectively. If I did not live in the "Lightning Capital" of the country, I might not have been able to completely justify the cost to myself. I never considered Quinn's suggestion but in retrospect, this would have been a cost effective way to protect against electrical surges. As I don't suffer from "Upgrade-ites", My HT strategy has been to purchase the best quality I could afford and hold on to it for a very long time. I know others might plan differently, but so far, I'm very happy with what I have and anticipate enjoying it for many years to come.

Bill
    Greetings from Central Florida!

Hey guys,

I don't think I have found a forum anywhere else that has a collection of people who inherently already think similarly to how I think, which I think is basically cost efficiency to product, and haven't seen anyone yet bragging about their 20k wires or something like that.

But anyways, in another buying predicament.
    Like the first poster, I am looking into power conditioners by the second most hated brand in the audio world next to b**e, monster (it's ok I don't censor it I hope, a lot of you guys probably use monster cables, you don't have to fess up). But anyways, I was looking into the low end power conditioners. I was looking at Quinn's suggestion of having an electrician do the house, well that's not an option for me, I'm young, about to hit the business world, and don't have a primary residence as of yet. I would need something mobile, and also, I'm not sure, but supposedly power conditioning helps video/audio quality, though testimonials vary.

I can get roughly 60% off retail, and I am within a budget, say...200 at the max with the 60% Any suggestions? I was looking at the cheapest one the HTS2500 MKII, since reading through most of these guys, they seem to be sales gimmicks more or less since none of the clean power stages are explained. I live in So. Cal and will probably continue to do so, and don't need the surge as much, but the power conditioning is intriguing, and I've heard good things about monster power conditioners.

Thanks in advance, great advice so far,
    Sing
    Waitin on my ascends, comin this thursday.

Look at OneAC or Powervar off ebay even with 60% off M@$*#^ those two are likely better deals. But look at shipping those things are heavy!

Dang...no kidding, medical grade equipment for 1/5 of the price of what I can get M****** for.

Thanks for the tips Quinn, do you use this stuff yourself?