Eddie,

One other important feature of the HTPS-7000 is "Balanced Power" which in non-technical terms means improved (noise free) electricty to the components (except for High Current items). It splits 120 volts into 60 volts positive and 60 volts negative thereby cancelling noise and eliminates "dirty" electricity. I concur with your point of view about power conditioners and their function as well as surge supression. In my opinion, the HTPS does both very effectively. If I did not live in the "Lightning Capital" of the country, I might not have been able to completely justify the cost to myself. I never considered Quinn's suggestion but in retrospect, this would have been a cost effective way to protect against electrical surges. As I don't suffer from "Upgrade-ites", My HT strategy has been to purchase the best quality I could afford and hold on to it for a very long time. I know others might plan differently, but so far, I'm very happy with what I have and anticipate enjoying it for many years to come.

Bill