Thread: What the Heck is going on over at CBS?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry What the Heck is going on over at CBS?

As I sit down to watch CSI on Thursday evenings in glorious HDTV the picture is beautiful. However the sound seems to be a little hollow. It seems that the center channel information is completely missing from the digital sound mix. Now in order to watch this show and to be able to hear what the characters are saying I get to watch standard definition?

What is going on? The sad thing is that this is not the first time this has happened. Has this happemed to anyone else or am I just being pusecuted here in lovely down town Wilmington.
    Dave Nelms

Forgive my ignorance David but I do not know where Wilmington is. However, here in Canada with Expressuvu Satellite we have time shifting (I would imagine you have it down in the US as well, or something similar). Anyway, I get both east and west coast networks - so I can watch CSI at 7:00pm or 10:00pm, depending on which coast network affiliate I choose.

Anyway - I have always found the East Coast stations slightly better to much better depending on the program. Even during live football telecasts, when it's a national game, the east coast sound is much louder then the west coast game. My guess is therefore it is your affliate. For the record we get Boston/ New England area for east coast, and Tacoma and area for west coast. FAIK, Wilmington is Central.

Wilmington is a Los Angeles suburb.

Dave...I thought you were on DirecTV.
    -curtis

Yeah, I do have DirecTV. However it seems when I attempt to watch the High Def version of CSI I loose the center channel on 5.1. If I switch back to the standard version the sound is fine althogh not 5.1.

This seems to be only happening with CBS and only on CSI. This is happening on the CBS high def feed from the satelite and the antena.
    Dave Nelms

CBS has, by far, the worst reception of all the channels i receive. i wish the ncaa tourney was on ABC.

I watched some HD college hoops on CBS this past weekend....it was nice!
    -curtis