Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just Placed My order

Default Just Placed My order

I just ordered the 340M's and a 340C. Can't wait to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by bri1270
    I just ordered the 340M's and a 340C. Can't wait to get them.
    After you've had an opportunity to listen, post your thoughts. And don't start with, " I can't wipe the smile off my face." We all say that.

David

I'll see if I can come up with something a little more creative than that.

I don't think I'll end up receiving them until next week.

Congrats. You'll love 'em.
    - EVH III

I :heart: my HTM-200s. The little "Assembled in the USA" sticker on the back is pretty sweet. The quality of fit and finish is obvious, and the sound is incredibly pure. These things are worth a lot more to me in a speaker than some "real wood veneer", but maybe that's just me.

These are great little speakers.

I'm sure you are going to love your little bit bigger speakers.

I *have* written a review, but it's all in that old thread. I'll have to sit down tonight and get it all put together in one coherent part. Then I'll post it on multiple sites. I think the fact I compared them head to head with a couple of other speakers makes it more useful.

I am definitely going to do some A/B testing with my Paradigm LCR 350's, which are probably most comparable to the Monitor 5's of today. I have a feeling it won't even be close. (but don't quote me on that because I haven't compared their respective spec sheets yet.)

I was thinking about selling my B&K AV5125 for 3 Outlaw M200's to power the 340's, any thoughts?

I think Eddie Horton has a trio of M-200's. I'm sure he'll chime in.

Randy

Okay, the speakers are at the UPS distibution facility in Massachusetts. They arrived there at 1:30 this afternoon. That means I should have them by tomorrow. I was really hoping they would come today, but I don't think so at this point. I'm starting to get very anxious now.

Well I ordered mine yesterday and I am on the east coast as well so I guess I'll be seeing mine next Monday or Tuesday...wish I was u tho!

Speak of the devil and the devil appears. I went from a Yamaha HTR-5790 running 340's across the front and 170's for surrounds to the M-200's for my front 3. Now my Yamaha handles processing and surround duty only. I love my Outlaws. At high volumes my 340's sing like they never could with the Yamaha. It's not that it's a bad receiver, but just the fact that a mid-fi receiver can't supply the demands of 5 speakers running at full tilt in most cases. I plan on getting a couple more and a processor at some point. It's a great way to move into separates because you don't have to shell out a couple to several grand all at once like you would with a multi-channel amp.
    - EVH III