Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: My BFD experience.

I've compared my 340's with Studio 60's......it was myself and three other guys, one of them was auditioning speakers. He ended up getting 340's.
    -curtis

I thought there was a way to turn the LEDS off? I'll have to look at the manual online.

I too was wondering about using just one or two filters instead of a bunch of narrow ones. I guess having the thing in the system and tinkering is the best way to go, but I don't have a lot of free time to experiment.

Has the improvement in response made the low end more defined/articulate?

After hearing an Onix UFW-10, which has a single band PEQ, I was convinced of the benefits of EQ'ing my sub.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

It is 110% more defined and articulate. People throw the term "night and day difference" around all the time in the audio/video world, but this is for real. I guess how much of a difference will depend on how much the room interactions were messing up the FR to begin with. In my case, though, the difference has been huge.
    Last edited by Eddie Horton; 03-24-2005 at 02:08 PM.
    - EVH III

Eddie...how much time in total did you spend on setting the BFD up? From opennng the box, reading, to flat FR.
    -curtis

"In my case, though, the difference has been huge."

Same here. My livingroom is my HT and there was only one place where I had one major spike but with lots of not so major up and downs. All the other locations I tried had at least two major spikes as well as lots of not so major up and downs.
    I been able to get +/- 2db from 37hz to 120hz using the BFD. I'm doing this with the $125. Dayton sub. I can imagine what can be accomplished with a Hsu.

David

Curtis, I put in several hours from opening the box to flat FR. Once you get the hang of it though, it starts to go fast. When I did my first filter, I played around with the frequency, fine adjustment, bandwidth, and cut/boost so I could see what they actually did. Once I got the hang of it, it was easy to make an educated guess about what frequency, bandwidth, and cut/boost to use. On another note, a guy that I met on the Outlaw Forum that lives in my town just left after coming by to check out my Ascend/Hsu system. Needless to say, he was blown away and said that he will be purchasing some Ascends when he gets around to upgrading his speakers. He just got a big DLP and Denon 2900, so he's well on his way to a great setup. Really nice guy, too.
    - EVH III

OK Eddie and David....I just picked up a BFD off of eBay. Not a great deal, saved me about $20.

I probably won't get a chance to mess around with it for a couple of weekends.
    -curtis

Keep us updated, Curtis.
    - EVH III

this is great info. looking forward to more results, or even trying one for myself.

My BFD was delivered today....looks brand new, but without the manual, and I can't seem to download one from the Behringer site...it is asking for a login when I select the manual.....

Anyways, I just plugged in the power and messed with the buttons...it looks pretty easy. Eventhough I won't really be able to dial it in until later next week, I will start reading the snapbug site now so it will all sink in.

Also thinking about getting TrueRTA or ETF.....maybe even a nicer microphone...but for now, I think the RS meter will suffice.
    -curtis