Thread: HTM-200 set-up questions

Default HTM-200 set-up questions

I'm considering getting a pair of HTM-200's for use as the surrounds in my 5.1 system. I have two questions:

1. When used as surrounds, are the speakers situated vertically or horizontally? A post on Audioholics recommended horizontally, but I haven't read anything else on the issue.

2. What hight above the listener are HTM-200's usually mounted to the wall?

Surrounds for movies generally should be 3-4 feet above the listeners' ears.

As for mounting them horizontal, I know folks have done that for space purposes, but think the best orientation is still vertical. Give the folks at Ascend a call to discuss.
    -curtis

I've got my 200's mounted horizontally with the tweeter on the down side. Dave mentioned that the dispersion of the 200s is good enough that they can be mounted horizontally. I think vertically is probably still preferred, but I like them just fine horizontally- I have mine about 3 foot above the ears and just a bit behind my ears.
    brad

end of transmission.......

Talking

Excellent! Just the info I was looking for. Now anyone have some ideas for mounting some HTM-200 horizontally from the ceiling? I'm not sure if I want either of the BT5 or the omni mounts brackets, they seem to be geared for a vertical mount. I'm open to ideas and attitude adjustments

Thanks much
    -john