Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to bring ELX Raal to life at low volume levels?

Default Re: How to bring ELX Raal to life at low volume levels?

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    You are welcome, Mike! With your EX Towers + Plinth weight (right at 70#), are you getting the Gaia II or I? My slight baffle raise was created in the front isolators by adding the 4mm top lock nut (rears only have the bottom isolator lock nut-fronts have both bottom and top lock nuts). Which ever, I'm confident you'll find what works best for you in your room!!

Ted
    I got the Gaia III at 70lbs max. I thought they were perfect. Did I go too low? Dave has the ELX towers listed at 54lbs.

Dave,

I purchased the sound level meter you suggested and sure enough my iPhone app is almost 10db higher. So I am now playing music more than loud enough for me, with nothing missing and plenty of life and energy and the sound meter is registering 68 to 70db. So I have not been listening as loud as I thought I was. Go figure! Friggin apps!!!

Mike

Thumbs up Re: How to bring ELX Raal to life at low volume levels?

Quote Originally Posted by MCat1967 View Post
    I got the Gaia III at 70lbs max. I thought they were perfect. Did I go too low? Dave has the ELX towers listed at 54lbs.
    Not sure, Mike? Maybe Dave can "weigh-in" on the additional heft of the bolt-on piano-finished plinths
    (my guess is 10-12lbs each - ELX speaker weight is 56lbs)!!

If you need the GAIA IIs, consider the Stack Audio AUVA 50s ($65 cheaper, rated for 606 lbs of speaker weight and according to many review comparisons, does a sonically superior job of isolation vs the Gaias)!!

Ted
    Last edited by theophile; 04-24-2024 at 04:59 PM.
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

I've been using the Gaia IIIs on my Towers for a few years without issue.
    My assumption is the listed speaker weight of 56 lbs included the base since the shipping weight is 65 lbs.

That said, those Stack isolators look nice also. Might have gotten those at the time if I knew about them.
    Last edited by racrawford65; 04-24-2024 at 05:25 PM.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

There’s always these … much cheaper and I bet no one would hear a difference…
    Dina told me about them ..

https://www.svsound.com/products/sou...olation-system

Bk

Smile Re: How to bring ELX Raal to life at low volume levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Gyosa View Post
    There’s always these … much cheaper and I bet no one would hear a difference…
    Dina told me about them ..

https://www.svsound.com/products/sou...olation-system

Bk
    Bk,

Nice...for Subwoofers (not designed for full range towers)! The ISO Acoustic GAIAs and the Stack Audio AUVAs are, and work Extremely Well with system main speakers!!

I tried the cheap stuff (and a lot of DIY isolator experimentation)...got some okay results, but no where near the Huge Sonic Improvements that well designed and built Isolation products offer!!

FWIW, HERE are some user/professional reviews on the AUVA Isolators!!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    Bk,

Nice...for Subwoofers (not designed for full range towers)! The ISO Acoustic GAIAs and the Stack Audio AUVAs are, and work Extremely Well with system main speakers!!

I tried the cheap stuff (and a lot of DIY isolator experimentation)...got some okay results, but no where near the Huge Sonic Improvements that well designed and built Isolation products offer!!

FWIW, HERE are some user/professional reviews on the AUVA Isolators!!

Ted
    Curious - is the Ted T review on the Stack page you linked your comments?
    Wondering if you also compared to any of the Isoacoustics GAIA options?
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK

Thumbs up Re: How to bring ELX Raal to life at low volume levels?

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Curious - is the Ted T review on the Stack page you linked your comments?
    Wondering if you also compared to any of the Isoacoustics GAIA options?
    YES...my comments! I was ready to get the GAIA IIIs, but was introduced to the AUVAs! According to everything I read, the AUVAs seemed to offer more of the sonic vibration controls I was after!

With the "carpet spiked plates" (GAIA extras-I need these for my carpeted slab), the cost was equal. Stack Audio offers a 30-day trial period, so had nothing to lose!!

Ted

Thanks, Ted.