Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMT-340SE2 for two-channel music without a subwoofer

Default Re: CMT-340SE2 for two-channel music without a subwoofer

I have a Pioneer VSX-S520 AVR. I've tried to use the onboard room correction a few times in each of the three places I've lived this year, to universally poor results. I tried manually adding in distance measurements, but even then the sound was jagged and thin. I got much better results by using direct mode and moving the subwoofer.

I mis-identified my sub in my original post; it is a SVS SB1000 Pro, not PB1000. I don't blame the sub for the poor bass; it sounded quite transparent and effective in other rooms. However, it could be the greatest subwoofer in existence, but I'd still dislike accommodating the thing and fussing with it.

Default Re: CMT-340SE2 for two-channel music without a subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by DynamicRanger View Post
    I have a Pioneer VSX-S520 AVR. I've tried to use the onboard room correction a few times in each of the three places I've lived this year, to universally poor results. I tried manually adding in distance measurements, but even then the sound was jagged and thin. I got much better results by using direct mode and moving the subwoofer.

I mis-identified my sub in my original post; it is a SVS SB1000 Pro, not PB1000. I don't blame the sub for the poor bass; it sounded quite transparent and effective in other rooms. However, it could be the greatest subwoofer in existence, but I'd still dislike accommodating the thing and fussing with it.
    I also have a Pioneer. The Elite SC-LX 704. Did you play around with the EQ after room correction? Did you have the speakers set to SMALL or LARGE and did you have the Double Bass turned on with the LARGE setting? After you get either the 340SE2 or the Sierra you definetly want to experiment between the Small speaker setting and the Large with Double Bass. I have my whole front stage set to Large and Double Bass with 100Hz crossover. That's how I roll. I can't wait to get the 340SE2 mains to complete my set.