Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sierra LX Center W-T-W

Default Sierra LX Center W-T-W

Hi, I have posted a suggestion on ASR but might as well ask here on the official forums.

IMO Ascend should release a center speaker with a W-T-W configuration to match the Sierra LX. The Sierra LX Center with its asymmetric W-T configuration triggers my OCD like crazy lol. I would seriously consider this trio for my HT. @davef
    Last edited by Matias; 02-24-2024 at 06:25 PM.

Default Re: Sierra LX Center W-T-W

Just leave the grille on. Also, with HT you're not looking at the speaker anyway.

I would still know it's asymmetrical behind the grille, so no way.
    Last edited by Matias; 02-25-2024 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matias View Post
    I would still know it's asymmetrical behind the grille, so no way.
    Can you place it vertically? You could get the Luna Duo and if you want to wait until the end of the year there might be one available with a Titan tweeter.
    Nate

Nop, horizontal only.

IMO Ascend should release a center speaker with a W-T-W configuration to match the Sierra LX.
    Don't hold your breath. People have been asking for this since the first Sierra-1 in like 2008. Dave would have to design an entirely new cabinet for this and cabinets have become something of an issue post-pandemic.

The Sierra LX Center with its asymmetric W-T configuration triggers my OCD like crazy lol.
    With the grille on, while you're watching something else? That's pretty serious. You know, there's a lot less stigma associated with therapy these days.

Just get a Duo.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Quote Originally Posted by SunByrne View Post
    Dave would have to design an entirely new cabinet for this and cabinets have become something of an issue post-pandemic.

Just get a Duo.
    Funny you say both things. I may be simplistic, but what about using the Duo cabinet sealed in front ported on the back, and using the LX drivers, adjusting the crossover accordingly? Problem solved, right?
    Last edited by Matias; 02-25-2024 at 01:58 PM.

Hi, I have posted a suggestion on ASR but might as well ask here on the official forums.

IMO Ascend should release a center speaker with a W-T-W configuration to match the Sierra LX. The Sierra LX Center with its asymmetric W-T configuration triggers my OCD like crazy lol. I would seriously consider this trio for my HT. @davef
    I know exactly how you feel. It's a big reason i went with the 340SE2 center. I still have to get the mains. I could still get one of the Sierra for my mains but will probably stick with the 340. Go big or go home right. I really believe in that for the center.

Funny you say both things. I may be simplistic, but what about using the Duo cabinet sealed in front ported on the back, and using the LX drivers, adjusting the crossover accordingly? Problem solved, right?
    Too small, I would think
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

That's a non-starter by simple geometry: the Duo cabinet is only 5.75" wide; the LX woofer is 6" wide. Not going to happen.

I'm totally with you that a proper center that's less than 8" high would be desirable, since most HT furniture simply will not accommodate anything bigger (e.g., the Horizon). I don't think Dave considers this a big priority, though, since what he usually recommends is just getting an LX and setting it on its side (they even make a different grille for this purpose so it looks symmetrical with the grille on). I think you're likely going to have to either get a Duo or learn to control your OCD.

There is one other solution: I mounted my TV to the wall and have a stand that a Horizon sits on top of. The Horizon is a brilliant center speaker, but it is indeed massive and I understand this won't work for everyone, but I highly recommend it if you can pull it off.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.