Thread: just got a sony 501 for fifty bucks! :)

Default just got a sony 501 for fifty bucks! :)

my employer has finally gotten serious about moving out old stock and has marked down a net of 40 million dollars on aged stock! that means employees like me who are in the know pick up a few bargains.. like a pioneer DV 344 dvd player for nine bucks. and my most recent buy, a sony 501 md recorder/player/walkman for fifty bucks! they originally retailed for 700 bucks over here.. brand new in a box, even came with an optical cable and man, mini disc sound quality is so much better than MP3!

other crazy bargains from my workplace.. $200 sony handycams, $299 Linn speakers (Kan i think).. bunch of other stuff too like mini hifis ($50), walkmans ($25), 51cm philips tubes ($100).. they should have told me about these things so i could save up! remember that's aussie dollars too not US.

funny thing is i have a sneaking suspicion that even though they're clearing out all this old junk they'll only buy in a whole lot more rubbish which won't stand the test of time.

WORD TO YOUR MONGOOSES

Why not post a list and open up shop for your Ascend Family?
    -curtis

I'm sure you could open up shop and make a tidy sum. What is the exchange rate for Aussie currency?

Randy