Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ELX Horizon Questions

Default Re: ELX Horizon Questions

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Pleased to hear that the ELX Horizon arrived safe and sound. We have been shipping a ton of them these past few weeks.

Please leave the dampeners as is. The ELX Horizons now come with these installed, they are there to dampen spurious slot port resonances and fully optimize bass tuning.

Yes, please hit ignore. Audyssey doesn't seem to like the full range bass response and advanced crossover of the ELX, it is a common error with Audyssey (not just with our speakers, but with many full range speakers). When and if my time clears up a bit, I will look into this more as to how Audyssey actually measures the in-room phase response.

https://ask.audyssey.com/hc/en-us/ar...eaker-polarity

What speakers are you using as your left / right?
    Thanks Dave! Appreciate the answer. Funny, i started to remove the dampers and thought before I do, I should ask the question, lol.

The Audyssey error only occurs when it measures the Horizon, and I am using the LX as my L/R. No issues with these.

At any rate, the entire systems now sounds awesome. I have only had time to demo a few scenes and it is a huge improvement. Many thanks!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by themarkkram View Post
    Thanks Dave! Appreciate the answer. Funny, i started to remove the dampers and thought before I do, I should ask the question, lol.

The Audyssey error only occurs when it measures the Horizon, and I am using the LX as my L/R. No issues with these.

At any rate, the entire systems now sounds awesome. I have only had time to demo a few scenes and it is a huge improvement. Many thanks!

Mark
    I have the exact opposite front three, ELX Towers with an LX center. Sounds awesome as well. I get the same Audyssey phase warning with my towers.
    Nate

Indeed, this message seems to only come up with Audyssey. The ELX (and tower/horizon V2) crossovers are quite a bit different than a typical parallel crossover network. This started as a unique idea I had a long time ago when I started working on our first towers, but eventually gave up on it and settled for a typical 3-way parallel design.

Our Klippel NFS combined with advancements in modeling gave me the resources to finally achieve what I envisioned about 15 years ago, and it performs better than I imagined. But, it seems, at the cost of Audyssey spitting out an annoying message in some installations.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com