Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: two fave jazz sacd's

My discs arrived today.....I should get some good listening in this weekend....but so far, they sound great!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    My discs arrived today.....I should get some good listening in this weekend....but so far, they sound great!
    Wow - I'd say that was really quick but I think that Concord Records is in California as well. And what did I tell you - these damn Ascends make everything sound so good it's really going to burn a huge hole in my pocket - I hope DaveF gets a cut of the hi-res pie from these record companies

Curtis - I've listened to the #2 sampler about 4 times now - what blows me away the most is track 12 - Silent Pool by Marian McPartland - there is some very subtle drumwork going on that you can hear from the left surround that literally makes you think the drummer is sitting right beside you, lightly tapping (brushing? I'm a listener not a player) on the cymbals that sounds just incredible. I realize a lot of it has to do with recording - but these speakers sure don't mask anything at all - everytime I get a new SACD or DVD-A I'm just blown away. I can only imagine what it would sound like on your 2900!

OK....I just played track 12.....sounds great! Kids a sleeping, so I can really turn it up as much as I want to. I can only imagine how much better it would sound if I could turn it up just a tad more, or if my speaker positioning was optimum for multi-channel/hi-rez music.
    -curtis

Curtis and Kaptn,

Let's see if I got this right. Those discs are hybrids. They contain a multi-channel track and a 2 channel track. Does that mean the 2 channel track is Hi-rez and can be played back on any CD player? Or do we non-SACD guys just get Redbook?

Randy

Randy,

I just checked the Sampler #2 disc....yes, multi-channel hi-rez, two-channel hi-rez, and redbook.

And sounds great! I don't want to go to the office!
    -curtis

So those of us without a SACD player...we will be able to extract 2 channel hi-rez of these discs?

Randy

nope...just the redbook.
    -curtis

Shucks! You U-player guys have ALL the fun.

Randy