Quote Originally Posted by curtis
My discs arrived today.....I should get some good listening in this weekend....but so far, they sound great!
Wow - I'd say that was really quick but I think that Concord Records is in California as well. And what did I tell you - these damn Ascends make everything sound so good it's really going to burn a huge hole in my pocket - I hope DaveF gets a cut of the hi-res pie from these record companies

Curtis - I've listened to the #2 sampler about 4 times now - what blows me away the most is track 12 - Silent Pool by Marian McPartland - there is some very subtle drumwork going on that you can hear from the left surround that literally makes you think the drummer is sitting right beside you, lightly tapping (brushing? I'm a listener not a player) on the cymbals that sounds just incredible. I realize a lot of it has to do with recording - but these speakers sure don't mask anything at all - everytime I get a new SACD or DVD-A I'm just blown away. I can only imagine what it would sound like on your 2900!