Thread: tall stand for sierra lx?

Default tall stand for sierra lx?

i’ve been looking for stands but everything that gets tall enough only holds 10 or 12 pound speakers . i’m trying to get my speakers off my desk and into a better position behind my desk.

I haven’t had any luck finding stands that sit at about 38 to 40 inches.

Default Re: tall stand for sierra lx?

Quote Originally Posted by gmetro View Post
    i’ve been looking for stands but everything that gets tall enough only holds 10 or 12 pound speakers . i’m trying to get my speakers off my desk and into a better position behind my desk.

I haven’t had any luck finding stands that sit at about 38 to 40 inches.
    I have used these and they are very high quality.

https://www.standsandmounts.com/vtid...tandsdf36.aspx

if you use the spiked feet with the stands, you will be very close to your 38" height. If you need them higher, just put a wood board under the base of the stand.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

How many inches of lift do you need from your desk? My Sierras are around 9 inches high. I have overpriced Isoacoustics ones but it is hard to find 9 inch desk stands that are designed for Sierra sized speakers. Usually you get 6 inches or something that tilts up instead of elevates. If you only need six inches, then my recommendation are the Kanto SP6. If you are looking for floor stands, it’s hard to find something that holds a lot of weight and is at 38 inches. That is a tip over waiting to happen even if you fill the post with kiln dried sand. Dave’s recommendation looks great. You can also get an extra inch or two by replacing the standard “feet” of a stand (usually has M8 screw posts but can be M6, 1/4”, or even M12) with adjustable furniture leveling feet. My favorite Kanto SX26 stands were a little low, and I was able to give them an extra “lift”.
    Last edited by bkdc; 01-16-2024 at 12:24 PM.

These go to 45" and are rated up to 130lbs, so Sierras definitely won't be too heavy:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=625870

They also make ones that clamp onto the desk:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=600024

Never used them myself but monoprice stuff is usually pretty solid, if perhaps not the most aesthetic.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

thanks all

ended up with kantos. i found that moving the speakers back too far had bad effects with my 49” ultrawide monitor.

6” off my 33” tall desk seems to be a sweet spot